V11 & Buell Weekend May 2006

V11UK

Cheers for the offer Martin- I will probably go up my usual route over the Erskine Bridge then up to Crianlarich, through Glencoe then up to Spean Bridge.

Its quite a long haul in a day so I will keep the route reasonably direct.

If anyone fancies a ride out on the Saturday I will probably go over the Pass Of The cattle to Applecross, up past Torridon and back down again.

Ace roads if its dry.  :race:

86832[/snapback]

I went out that way last year didn't go over the pass to Applecross but skirted it, very nice roads even the main road from Spean Bridge towards Skye and off through Loch Carron to Torridon (where you'd turn off) on the smaller roads.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

I didn't take any other pictures too busy :race: But I think I'm preaching to the converted. Come on you other swine these are pearls of roads.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on you other swine these are pearls of roads.

86833[/snapback]

Talking to me?

motorcyclehog.jpg

You've no idea how much I would love to do this. Freeing the time is the big (pig) problem.

Is it the sort of thing that can be turned-up-at, or arranged at last minute? Does it have to be booked? Is anyone camping? Bacon sarnies?

pig_transport.jpg

Is it the sort of thing that can be turned-up-at, or arranged at last minute? Does it have to be booked? Is anyone camping? Bacon sarnies?

87413[/snapback]

There's no camping on site. There are a couple of sites shown on the map about a mile away. The hotel has a range of rooms and even a bunk house option.

I don't know how fully booked they are. It's not in to high season so I'd imagine there should be space. I haven't recieved written confirmation to my booking this year. I did get it confirmed on the phone back in November though.

I trust you've booked the time for the Erin?

I trust you've booked the time for the Erin?

87414[/snapback]

erin%2022.jpg

Erin D. Bacon

I.F.T.A. CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER

I.F.T.A. CERTIFIED GROUP FITNESS LEADER

I.F.T.A CERTIFIED CORE BALL INSTRUCTOR

Certainly

Is it me or does Erin have an Adam's Apple?

87417[/snapback]

She swallowed the core ball, or the bacon, or both.

- I had no problem last weekend and I did not get the impression they were getting full.

87416[/snapback]

So none of you were getting full last weekend.

It's not like you... :bier:

Are you all saving it for the rally?

BTW... you work in banking, eh? :rolleyes::2c::):2c:

;):stupid:

BTW... you work in banking, eh?  :rolleyes:  :2c:  :)  :2c:

;)  :stupid:

87424[/snapback]

I had to make something up for MCN- quoting an occupation of international arms dealer and drugs baron may have attracted unwanted attention.

Martin, your route is quite looney.

Guy, are you riding up with a horde, or solo?

Any suggestions ?

For my route , not which band of nomadic people that's accompanying Guy.

87624[/snapback]

See big scenery, but have a holiday and relax...?

You're going to be on the move, non-stop, morning to night.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, just that it's a long (and a pressurised?) journey – certainly a challenge.

See big scenery, but have a holiday and relax...?

You're going to be on the move, non-stop, morning to night.

I'm not saying that it's a bad idea, just that it's a long (and a pressurised?) journey – certainly a challenge.

87628[/snapback]

Yeah I know, trying to put too much in to the weekend. I managed it last year. Can't over do the social aspect. I need to hit the RBR points because of my compulsive obsessional disorder. But I will be more chilled in Ireland provided I hit the points in Wales on the way over :P

I am going up solo- Helen may join me later- she has to work until lunchtime on the Friday so she may set off after me if she can finish in time.

Guy :helmet:

Edit- Helen is hoping to finish work early so we can leave together at 10.30am. Happy to meet you on the way David.

I guess traffic permitting, we will be over the Erskine Bridge about 2.30ish.

Edit- Helen is hoping to finish work early so we can leave together at 10.30am. Happy to meet you on the way David.

I guess traffic permitting, we will be over the Erskine Bridge about 2.30ish.

87894[/snapback]

Hi Guy

there's only one Troon crossing – at 0715. If I get it, I guess I'll be at Erskine Bridge around about the time that you're leaving home, 10.30.

That'll give me some time for looking at nice mountainy stuff and haggis hunting on the way north.

Depending on success with the haggis, or otherwise, you may catch up somewhere. We can exchange routes and phone numbers so that I can call you if I think you might be in the vicinity.

Mind you, I still have to book...

0028-36.jpg0029-03t.jpg