V11 & Buell Weekend May 2006

V11UK

The forecast has improved :)

The BBC 5 day forecast for Spean Bridge:

Friday - Sunny intervals was light showers

Saturday - Rain was heavy Showers

Sunday -Sunny intervals was light showers

Inverness is now sunny intervals over the 3 days where it was for hail on Saturday, towards the western isles also looks better. Should be fine for what ever ride out you want to do as long as its not east.

The weather gods look favorably on us. I'm just off to find an il4 to sacrifice

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We may use the Breva rather than the V11 and Nevada, but we will be there - no matter what the weather can throw at us. Even if the numbers attending are down on what we expected I'm sure we'll have a good time :bike:....

The one thing you can rely on with the weather up here is it s unreliabilty, It was meant to be raining today in aberdeen and it has been nice with not even a raincloud, so i am sure the weather will be ok over the weekend (it is meant to be ok on the west coast). So enjoy yourselves.

Gary :drink::race::thumbsup:

Ok I'm feeling decisive so we are definitely going. Slight change of plan- now leaving 5pm tomorrow (Thursday) and overnighting in Moffat.

If anyone fancies joining us we will be staying at the Annandale Arms Hotel and hope to arrive about 8pm.

Moffat is a nice place and only a few mins from the A74.

Guy :helmet:

Does anyone carry a puncture repair / tyre inflation kit for a journey in the wild highlands? I've never used one and won't have time to get one for this trip, but I guess it's a good contingency?

I carry a small aerosol- available from most petrol stations.

Had to use one once when I got a rear puncture and it inflated the tyre just enough to make it rideable and get me home- although I did not want to exceed 40mph as it was a bit wobbly.

Guy :helmet:

I carry a small aerosol- available from most petrol stations.

89576[/snapback]

right enough

I was thinking of a plug & compressed air

Does anyone carry a puncture repair / tyre inflation kit for a journey in the wild highlands? I've never used one and won't have time to get one for this trip, but I guess it's a good contingency?

89573[/snapback]

I have a plug and compressed air kit, never used it don't know how good it is. I've now got ultra seal in the rear. I've got a slightly suspect front but carry a right angle adapter and gauge so will check it frequently. I've also got breakdown recovery should it come to that. Though a can of tyreweld could be a viable alternative, might pick one up if I see one though.

Last year I carried a 5litre jerry can in my panier though, and will do the same again this year. Didn't need it though.

I've now got ultra seal in the rear.

I've got a slightly suspect front but carry a right angle adapter and gauge so will check it frequently.

89583[/snapback]

Oh dear. Oh deary me. It's just too tempting to reply... tooo tempting...

but I'll not.

Sorry guys can't make this was in London last weekend got home Sunday to find house half cleared and partner(25yrs) and youngest son gone, now she won't give my reasonable access or even phone number. BALLS

Yuk! what a crap morning th_storm.jpg:bbblll::angry:

We're waiting for it to stop blowing a gale and pi**ing it down before setting off. I think we'll arrive in Spean Bridge around mid-evening :huh2:.