No more V11 LeMans ???

dangerous

Ok, so I heard a rumer that there are to be no more LeMans to be built and a guy I know recently had a look through the factory, and he said he saw no lemans parts anywere...... surley the Breva and Griso arnt all that is to come out of Guzzi, hell the name 'Lemans' is synonymous with Guzzi how could they drop it... or is this just a load a bollocks???

ps: no crusers were spoted either <_>

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, so I heard a rumer that there are to be no more LeMans to be built and a guy I know recently had a look through the factory, and he said he saw no lemans parts anywere...... surley the Breva and Griso arnt all that is to come out of Guzzi, hell the name 'Lemans' is synonymous with Guzzi how could they drop it... or is this just a load a bollocks???

ps: no crusers were spoted either  <_>

64829[/snapback]

As far as I understand it, all V11 production was halted a while back. There are shedloads still unsold in delaers across the world.

I guess they may restart production if there was a demand or the usual thing when they find a pile of unused bits in the factory corner and make some V11 specials.

Guy :helmet:

They seem to be commited to the new engine. So any V11 replacement will have a derivative of this

64841[/snapback]

So... whats the new engine? I know the finel drive and gear boxs are new but apart from the rocker cover.... whats new about them???

Twin plug heads, shorter stroke/better balanced, lighter internals alt now sits between the V.

65005[/snapback]

Not quite, stroke remains the same but rods are lengthened I belive this is compensated for by a reduction in deck height. The return of the alternator to the valley of the 'V' coupled with the shorter *new* six speed box has allowed a significant reduction in wheelbase and the *perimiter* frame is all new as is the rising rate rear suspension.

I know I'll get howled down here for saying it but I always found the V11 series felt incomplete, it would be unsubtle of me to describe them as half-arsed on this forum :grin: . The Breva, which is essentially a 'porrige' bike to take sales from chinles BMW riders, feels like a far more complete and rounded package, I'm hoping that the uprated forks, slightly pokier engine and lower gearing of the Griso will make it considerably better than the Breva. Time will tell.

Pete.

I know I'll get howled down here for saying it but I always found the V11 series felt incomplete...

Well, a clock/laptimer setup WOULD be nice, maybe even a fuel gauge... :)

Define "incomplete". The V11 isn't a f***ing unicycle.

65458[/snapback]

That's Lesson One. Easy.

Definitions

Lesson One

incomplete = character

An awful sign when the boys on this forum are lining up to call the V11 "incomplete"

Snap out of it, men!!

Only babies and (the less masculine of us) want anything less than the character and tuneful ride that only the V11 can deliver...........Whatcha want? A bike that goes, stops and turns like a modern..........uh........JAP BIKE ?? !! ??

Why you...........you....................WUSSIES.

Get back on yer bikes.................you guys make me SICK.

I would like to think that every rider feels that their bike is incomplete. Its the nature of things mechanical, you cant get everything in one bike,car, boat, plane, etc. The V11 is an artfully designed mostly well made bike. I love riding mine everytime I get on it. It will never do 180mph or be as comfy as a Goldwing....so what :2c: You've gotta admit we've just all got better taste in bikes here than the other guys :P I always get positive comments about my bike everywhere I go, from all kinds of people too. I had a preacher guy tell me I had "discriminating taste" in motorcycles yesterday. Another guy in a work van pulled next to me at a light & started asking questions about it, he was obviously envious of the thing. Think of a Guzzi as a stock thats been beaten down to a 12 month low. Now is a good time to get a v11, california etc. I think the prices will go back up at some time, or at least not depreciate much more. I'm probably going to add an Ev to my garage when I pay off my v11.

incomplete. Its the nature of things mechanical

65502[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

and machines can get pretty horrible when corporations reckon they have made their 'product' fully complete. Not that I'm saying a Gold Wing is horrible...

I know I'll get howled down here for saying it but I always found the V11 series felt incomplete, it would be unsubtle of me to describe them as half-arsed on this forum :grin: . The Breva, which is essentially a 'porrige' bike to take sales from chinles BMW riders, feels like a far more complete and rounded package

Pete.

65017[/snapback]

That might be true Pete... but thats what we, well I love about Guzzi.

Guzzi has always been far from complete, and what worries me is that the Griso and Breva will be a more complete bike.

I think as far as the transverse Vtwin goes the Griso and Breva is looking like the biggest step away from Guzzi as we know it.... therfore I am very happy to have what I might end up calling the very last true 'Moto Guzzi' :bier:

:mg: