TENNI REGISTRY

Van

Hi everyone.......all i can do is apologize for being so slack......this is what retiring can do to you...so busy getting caught up with things that have been waiting in the wings......I have made a (small) start at an updated list and once its done will send it to Jaap for his OK......

Cheers,

Van

• Like 1

I'm new to site.

Had my tenni for about 8 years. Love it.

Purchased from motomecca 3 legend X Dorset. It's been around ireland towing a trailer.

I used regularly to commute be for I recently rretired.now used for pleasure riding around the beautiful county Cornwall. It's a delite to ride around the winding lanes.

Tony, I once had the good fortune to come down your way in a car out of Nottingham. We made it to Plymouth, then up to Tintagel and back north.  God.. the Ales, the cheese, the pasty's, the shellfish, strawberries & cream, the roads.  You're in Heaven on a Goose.

I'm new to site.

Had my tenni for about 8 years. Love it.

Purchased from motomecca 3 legend X Dorset. It's been around ireland towing a trailer.

I used regularly to commute be for I recently rretired.now used for pleasure riding around the beautiful county Cornwall. It's a delite to ride around the winding lanes.

Hello Tony, have to ask, what happened to the fairing?

Hi there. Didn't have faring when I baught it. Think it might have been damaged and removed. I fitted the one you can see. The only way I knew it was a ten I. Was the rear faring had tenni either side.

Sent from my MediaPad using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New here, #21 came from Japan. Being kicking around NZ since 2009.

Like the Aussie ones pictured, no suede seat, but sweet alloy touring rack.

Exploding aluminium flywheels are a bit of a worry. 24,000km on mine.

hi Zooter, welcome. post a pic when you can. To each his own re: flywheel worries. Personally, I am not. I don't doubt that it has happened, nor do I argue the strength of alm vs. steel, but more curious as to actual numbers and circumstances of the incidents. At this point, I will look into replacing mine if I ever open her up for another reason.

Being so rare my insurance company isn't sure which way to step on setting fair market value. In NZ it would be next to impossible to replace.

So which models are comparable in equipment to a 2002 Tenni and does your used bike market value rarity thus far? I have a feeling a Tenni could become a cult item in future, while losing value meantime.

The Tenni is pretty much the same as all '02 LeMans, with a few parts switched out. (alm flywheel/single plate clutch, tiNitride coated forks, cf wrapped mufflers, extra seat) The ltd ed, and colors set it apart and are the reason for increased desirability, imo. In the US, I'd say a std LM in reasonably good cond is valued at 4 to 6k, depending on motivations. Add 20 - 25% for an equal Tenni. For the high end, I'd want the suede seat and certificate. 'Someday' all spine frame LM's will be more desirable, and Tenni Ed will no doubt increase a bit faster. I wouldn't look for increased values anytime soon..... hope I'm wrong:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...