TENNI REGISTRY

Van

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

My name is Mike McCool and I live in Donegal, Ireland.  Just bought Tenni T014.  She has not been treated very well and is quite tatty. A spill a few years back and fairing damaged. Its been replaced but wrong colours. Other minor bits and pieces. Engine finish bubbling and scabby, rusty around the shaft drive area, overcharging and could do with a new front mudguard but she rides and pulls like a new bike. Have had several Guzzis over the years (including a 750 S3) but nothing as good strong as this baby.

Might be tempted sell her on as I have too many bikes at moment and currently rebuilding a 77 BMW R100S... anyone interested?

Regards

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone checked in as the new owner of #128 yet? The guy that bought it from me sold it on pretty soon after, and I'd kind of like to keep tabs on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am Hank Ross. I am the proud owner of Tenni 117 listed on the registry as belonging to Jon Sutton. I am the fourth owner, Jon sold it to a friend in Maine who in turn sold it to me a few months later. I purchased it in September of '13. It is currently getting a full service and new skins at AJ Cycle in Gill.  I can't wait to get out on the road after a mighty long winter here in Western Mass. 

Hi Hank, I changed the registry accordingly. Welcome to the forum and enoy the Tenni!

You haven't add me yet... I registered T014 at message 183 above.

Mike.

Sorry mmcool, overlooked your post. You're in now!

N worries and thanks for that... I know you are busy but when you get a chance can you change Mark to Mike in the register... :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Van:

I have acquired Tenni 140 how do I register under a new owner name. I had #105 that I sold to a friend who has it listed what a mistake that was.

Bill

Ducman62

Awe Bill,

Stop whining. You know it's got a good home.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone know how I can go about getting a Tenni certificate. I have spare seat and a welcome letter from MG saying thanks for buying a Tenni and that they will send out a Certificate later, that was in 2002. Previous and first owner don't remember having it and state all documentation was passed along. It was first bought from Jim Allans Motorcycles in Falkirk. Maybe it would be a good place to start there?

Would be nice to have it!

Regards

Mike.

Let me ease the suffering... you'll never get it.....  And now for a bit of hope. I bought mine new in '03 and was told the certificate was issued by MG to the original buyer, after confirmation from the selling dealer. It never happened. MG was sold and bought and sold, so to speak, and eventually MG USA ceased to exist. (I was told). Over 2 years past, I was on a blog (maybe this one, don't remember) complaining about my treatment by MG, (I had other complaints) when a Guzzisti in Italy read my plight and pm'd me. He said he would put in a word with some people he knew, something about an Italian MG owners club. Within 2 weeks I was contacted by the lovely Stefania, of MG Italy. In computer translated English, she assured me I would receive my due. 3 weeks later, I had it. Nearly three years after buying the bike. I did not have to prove original purchase, though I could have. I still do not have my original owners manual. I never got my bubbled paint compensation. MGUSA will not answer any emails. I don't know why they even have it.

I named my Tenni .. Stefania, of course.

• Like 3

Hi.  I thought I had Tenni No. 17, but maybe not.  Check out Ebay UK or Moto Strada UK website (couldn't post link for some reason).

My VIN checks out on the Piaggio website as Le Mans Tenni.  It hasn't got the plate on the upper yoke and I don't have a certificate.  Can you tell the "number" from the engine or frame number or is there no relation between the two?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am sorry to report that Tenni # 117 is probably off to the knackers. I had a spill at the end of August and the insurance company has totaled it. I settled today and turned over the title.  Japp, I guess you can remove me from the the list.