TENNI REGISTRY

Van

Hallo

I want to join the Register My name is Dirk Schmidt and I own no: 66. Living in the center of the Netherlands
Gr. Dirk - dadparent

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Paul. I thought I had no. 16, but I could be wrong. There isn't a number plate on mine, but it came from Aberdeen in 2014. Congratulations on the new bike. I'm not far away-in Guisborough.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I seem to be on the way to ownership of T151 apparently brought to New Zealand from Japan and claimed to have 19000 km on the clock.

This is a late number (claimed to be 2004)

With the Piaggio takeover around that time can I safely hope the niggles reported on your forum (eg clutch) had passed?

cheers

Well , the 10th digit will tell you the year of production . 4 will be 2004 . As far as the rest of your question , someone smarter than me will answer that . 

BTW , I hope you enjoy !

2 hours ago, Herman Roose said:

I seem to be on the way to ownership of T151 apparently brought to New Zealand from Japan and claimed to have 19000 km on the clock.

With the Piaggio takeover around that time can I safely hope the niggles reported on your forum (eg clutch) had passed?

cheers

Tennis were made in 2002 as far as I know and all had the single plate clutch unless converted to twin plate, the failing flywheel isn't the only problem, the single plate will wear out and they are made of unobtainium

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Herman Roose said:

cheers

Enter Vin here. Should give year, color, and verify Tenni.

http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html

Otherwise l agree with Steve S.   You'll want to get all info on previous work done, and sort out the clutch at some point. As I've said before, it's not guaranteed to break but it's a known weak point that will always be a threat.   welcome!

• Like 1

It'll break if it runs long enough.. normally within 20K miles. One of the first things Pete had done to the Mighty Scura was change to the dual plate clutch. He said he had some "dangly bits" too near the exploding flywheel for comfort..:grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone. 

I have just joined up, having just become the proud owner of a very nice Tenni (see Pic).

It does not, however, seem to have a number associated with it.

From a little bit of research, I understand 170 Tennis only were manufactured, and I believe only 31 were ever registered in the UK.

Mine was first registered on 12 April 2002 by MaxMoto in Bury St Edmunds and lived with its first owner in Harwich. It has had 7 owners prior to me owning it, and it has moved lived in Harwich, Glasgow, London, Clayton Le Woods (Nr Preston), Worcester, and then with me in Blackburn, Lancashire.

I have the original Tenni certificate, and the original warranty/service book, owners manual and assistance booklet, bit no real clues as the the Tenni number.

Can anybody help?

Dave

IMG_5850.jpg

• Like 2

welcome Dave and congratulations on getting the Tenni. The certificate, if it was filled out to the original owner, should have included the special edition number. Also, the small rectangular plate on the top triple tree fork brace will have the number. The printing should be T-121 (that's mine) it may be worn away from the key fob beating against it. Get a good magnifier and light and have a look. Unfortunately it wasn't engraved, but printed on.

Go here http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html

with the vin. It won't give the number but should confirm 'Tenni'   It looks like it has all the correct pieces.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Footgoose.

The certificate does not show the number (see pic) and the small rectangular plate on the triple tree is not there. First places I looked...

I have the Frame Number ZGUKS00001M211942. Engine number is KR16458. It looks like the import date was 14 March 2002 and the original date of sale was 18 April 2002. 

Given the early date, I assume it will be a low number. Early research from these pages implies that UK numbers are between T013 - T017 and T165 - T170.

I can see that T013 - T018 have been accounted for in the UK

I can also see that T165, 166, 167 & 169 are also accounted for.

I have the names of 5 of the previous 7 owners (there is a gap in 2004 where 2 unknown owners had the bike - maybe dealers? who knows) but none correlate with the names in the registry or these pages. There is quite a lot of history with the bike, but no mention of a Tenni number.

So, I am thinking that, given the early date, it could be pre T013?

IMG_5856.jpg

carrying on my search, I checked out the Piaggio search. It came back with....

The sent VIN number is : ZGUKS00001M211942

The request has been forwarded. Result of request:

NO recall campaigns are pending for this vehicle
V11 LE MANS TENNI GB GRIGIO/VERDE

• Like 1

I purchased my Tenni new. The dealer for some odd reason did not have the certificate. Moto Guzzi USA was falling apart during this time. I can't recall now how, but I eventually made contact with Moto Guzzi Italy and a wonderful woman named Stefania. It took awhile but I finally got my certificate. I did know my 'number' though. That's likely your only hope of getting the number, unless you make contact with the original owner, and he remembers. The selling dealership might be some help as well. I feel your pain, I'd want to know.

Regarding the process of elimination, the registry here does not see a lot of activity and some bikes get passed around rapidly. By this time some in UK may have come through Europe.

• Like 1