TENNI REGISTRY

Van

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI.  Saw Tenni #127 with 1600 miles.  Poor thing is rather rough.  Has had an engine rebuild and cases refinished.  Bodywork is well marked up.  Sad.

So still in BC? Same owner? One of ours? Needing a new home? Do tell..

FYI.  Saw Tenni #127 with 1600 miles.  Poor thing is rather rough.  Has had an engine rebuild and cases refinished.  Bodywork is well marked up.  Sad.

So still in BC? Same owner? One of ours? Needing a new home? Do tell..

Came from Washington a few years ago apparently.  Then owner had it here in North Vancouver.  Was sold to new owner.  New owner took it to Chilliwak Guzzi.  Complete rebuild.  Engine cases redone in crinkle, but don't match each other.  Drive line was left stock.  Crank had to be machined down due to connecting rod bearings being completely shot.  I saw them.  They were completely damaged.  1600 really really hard miles..?  So weird.

Body work was a mess.  Over all completely neglected.  Might pop up again one day.  Thought someone might want to know whats happened to it.  Hate seeing that.

Here was the add listed in our classifieds for that bike.  http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20135

The description... um.. ya.  That is not even close to reality.

Hello, does anyone know when the last time the registry list was updated? Seems a few Tennis have changed hands since the list was originally put together.

Thanks,

Patrick T133

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Well, I'm back! After leaving the fold of V11 Le Mans riders (due to crashing and totaling my 2003 V11 LM in 2014), I've returned, this time with a 2002 Tenni! I just picked up Tenni number 131 from its original owner in North Carolina yesterday. I drove over on Sunday 4/29 and returned on 4/30 to Missouri, where it will be ridden a bit more than previously. When I picked up the bike, I knew it needed new tires, so I "for real" rode it today for the first time to take it to Moto Europa, where my wife and I have bought four bikes (two Ducatis, a Triumph and a Vespa). Upon arrival after the ride, I found that the tires were not the ONLY rubber that needed attention. On the way there, the breather hose sprung a visible oil leak. Also, upon further inspection, it could use rear brake pads and an EFI sync. I am also going to have the engine and final drive fluids changed out. The previous owner just flushed out the hydraulics for the brakes and clutch, so those are good. 

Even with all that, I absolutely ADORE this motorcycle! It feels like nothing else I've ridden (my late, great 2003 V11 LM notwithstanding), and it sounds wonderful, even with the stock LaFranconi Carbon Fiber mufflers. It reminded me of why I love Moto Guzzis, and that I'll never be without one again, hopefully. I'll be so happy to get it back mostly fresh and new!! All that will remain is getting the suspension set-up and possibly refurbished by our local suspension expert in the St. Louis area.

I'll try to get some pics that I've taken already loaded here later tonight or this week.

• Like 1

Well, I'm back! After leaving the fold of V11 Le Mans riders (due to crashing and totaling my 2003 V11 LM in 2014), I've returned, this time with a 2002 Tenni! I just picked up Tenni number 131 from its original owner in North Carolina yesterday. I drove over on Sunday 4/29 and returned on 4/30 to Missouri, where it will be ridden a bit more than previously. When I picked up the bike, I knew it needed new tires, so I "for real" rode it today for the first time to take it to Moto Europa, where my wife and I have bought four bikes (two Ducatis, a Triumph and a Vespa). Upon arrival after the ride, I found that the tires were not the ONLY rubber that needed attention. On the way there, the breather hose sprung a visible oil leak. Also, upon further inspection, it could use rear brake pads and an EFI sync. I am also going to have the engine and final drive fluids changed out. The previous owner just flushed out the hydraulics for the brakes and clutch, so those are good.

Even with all that, I absolutely ADORE this motorcycle! It feels like nothing else I've ridden (my late, great 2003 V11 LM notwithstanding), and it sounds wonderful, even with the stock LaFranconi Carbon Fiber mufflers. It reminded me of why I love Moto Guzzis, and that I'll never be without one again, hopefully. I'll be so happy to get it back mostly fresh and new!! All that will remain is getting the suspension set-up and possibly refurbished by our local suspension expert in the St. Louis area.

I'll try to get some pics that I've taken already loaded here later tonight or this week.

Great! Welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again, Tennisti! Here is a picture that I could attach. a different angle was too big too attach to this message, apparently. I saw my bike yesterday at the local shop's Bike Night. They had it, along with the other bikes and scooters in for service outside where people could see them. Everyone who looked it over seemed to like it, which is always good.

I was informed that the parts have been ordered from the official Moto Guzzi dealer in our area (Flying Tiger in Maplewood, MO), so the work to get it back to good is well underway. The tires (Michelin Pilot Road Fives) have already been installed. Since we have several other bikes, I'm not in a rush to get it back, but I would love to have it back sooner rather than later.

Tenni 131.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...