TENNI REGISTRY

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everybody, this is the new owner of T166, currently in London. Just picked her up near Leeds and drove her home last week end. 300 miles on it, and lovely, lovely feeling inside

V11 Le Mans "Tenni" Registry The reason for the Tenni registery is to get as many Tenni owners out there as l can find and give them a site that: 1. We can get to know each other by sending in our n

Hallo I want to join the Register My name is Dirk Schmidt and I own no: 66. Living in the center of the Netherlands Gr. Dirk - dadparent Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Paul. I thought I had no. 16, but I could be wrong. There isn't a number plate on mine, but it came from Aberdeen in 2014. Congratulations on the new bike. I'm not far away-in Guisborough.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I seem to be on the way to ownership of T151 apparently brought to New Zealand from Japan and claimed to have 19000 km on the clock.

This is a late number (claimed to be 2004)

With the Piaggio takeover around that time can I safely hope the niggles reported on your forum (eg clutch) had passed?

cheers

Well , the 10th digit will tell you the year of production . 4 will be 2004 . As far as the rest of your question , someone smarter than me will answer that . 

BTW , I hope you enjoy !

2 hours ago, Herman Roose said:

I seem to be on the way to ownership of T151 apparently brought to New Zealand from Japan and claimed to have 19000 km on the clock.

With the Piaggio takeover around that time can I safely hope the niggles reported on your forum (eg clutch) had passed?

cheers

Tennis were made in 2002 as far as I know and all had the single plate clutch unless converted to twin plate, the failing flywheel isn't the only problem, the single plate will wear out and they are made of unobtainium

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Herman Roose said:

cheers

Enter Vin here. Should give year, color, and verify Tenni.

http://static.piaggio.com/recall/form-piaggio_en.html

Otherwise l agree with Steve S.   You'll want to get all info on previous work done, and sort out the clutch at some point. As I've said before, it's not guaranteed to break but it's a known weak point that will always be a threat.   welcome!

• Like 1

It'll break if it runs long enough.. normally within 20K miles. One of the first things Pete had done to the Mighty Scura was change to the dual plate clutch. He said he had some "dangly bits" too near the exploding flywheel for comfort..:grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1