TENNI REGISTRY

Van

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cantaloop

i had some problems with my "french lady" (CPU did not work properly, the gas hat too much CO für german TÜV) my dealer asked the german technical field service for Guzzi. He also recommended highly to chance the single-disc-clutch against the double-disk-clutch and the flywheel of the newer V11

i had some problems with my "french lady" (CPU did not work properly, the gas hat too much CO für german TÜV) my dealer asked the german technical field service for Guzzi. He also recommended highly to chance the single-disc-clutch against the double-disk-clutch and the flywheel of the newer V11

Well cpu not working translates to not well adjusted I think. I suppose the original cpu is in there.

Has this exploding flywheel happened to anything other than the Scura? I don't recall any of the RM's or tenni's having this...are we sure all single plates have the aluminum flywheels?

No, my flywheel exploded 2 years ago. Standard single plate. Those that know say it had been cracked for quite a while before the clutch finally gave way. No other damage as far as I know, it seems I was lucky.

The whole assembly got replaced. It doesn't feel any different, but seems quieter. I'm away at the moment, when I get home I'll post a photo of the offending item.

No, my flywheel exploded 2 years ago...I'll post a photo of the offending item.

Be interested to see pix. That's first Tenni flywheel I've heard of.

I replaced Scura clutch at 19k miles with a RAM unit. Original was working fine & didn't show any obvious cracking when I'd took it out, but I've seen enough of others.

Wonder what's the most anyone's got on a std single plate unit without losing flywheel?

KB :sun:

I still havent heard of a single Rosso Mandello with a bad flywheel problem. I bought an entire guzzi oem single plate setup with steel flywheel a few years ago just to have it. I still have it in box in the attic. If someone wants it they can pm me. I'll sell it for $350 if someone wants it.