Norge. The new Guzzi tourer

Guest goffredo

Yah! why did they not call it a Falcone.?...Falcone! what a beautiful name!

66121[/snapback]

err.. could I suggest, you know... The Proud Puffin?

and might as well keep the question mark in the name too

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not on the MCN website- just in the paper- would scan it for you but I have chucked it!

Believe me it makes the V11 Le Mans fairing look beautiful in comparison.

Guy  :helmet:

66106[/snapback]

It was only an artists illustration, Guy. They said it might follow the Breva's looks, as in the illustration, but equally it might go in an all-new direction.

If the worries in that Other Thread are justified, it will be something like the illustration – even more plasticky than the latest offerings. Here's hoping for an all-new direction in styling.

Apparently, Mandello is disappointed in the premature release of the photos (Falcone, Norge... whatever) as the main plans are to introduce it at the Milan show this year. I'd like it better if the bikes were immediately available within 90 days of announcement instead of destined for a 30 month or more pipeline. By the time the Falcone/Norge/Whatever hits the streets it could conceivably already past the 2008 emissions regulations and have to go back for re-design yet again! :2c: Never mind me, I'm just getting bitter that I haven't been able to buy a new Guzzi. I hear Urals starting to call again...

But "NORGE?" Oh, bloody hell! Not in America. That's a Fridge! :o

I used to call my Honda Pacific Coast a 'Norge.' Not funny enough to sell one . . . :blush:

It was only an artists illustration, Guy. They said it might follow the Breva's looks, as in the illustration, but equally it might go in an all-new direction.

If the worries in that Other Thread are justified, it will be something like the illustration – even more plasticky than the latest offerings. Here's hoping for an all-new direction in styling.

66129[/snapback]

Ok I'll calm down now- MCN's artists impressions are unreliable!

Apparently, Mandello is disappointed in the premature release of the photos (Falcone, Norge... whatever) as the main plans are to introduce it at the Milan show this year. I'd like it better if the bikes were immediately available within 90 days of announcement instead of destined for a 30 month or more pipeline. By the time the Falcone/Norge/Whatever hits the streets it could conceivably already past the 2008 emissions regulations and have to go back for re-design yet again!  :2c:  Never mind me, I'm just getting bitter that I haven't been able to buy a new Guzzi. I hear Urals starting to call again...

66150[/snapback]

I can tell you're severely agitated and becoming desperate. If you don't phone me for some counselling I fear you will shortly become completely unhinged. I give 10% discount to Forum members.

Guest AdamofKC
Goffredo, is it going to be like this one?

66116[/snapback]

IMVVVVHO, I think that it doesn't look all that bad. But I do see a hint of Aprilia Futura in the seat, and Yamaha FJR in the headlights. And with the way the plastic is formed, reminds me a little of the Honda ST1300.

I can tell you're severely agitated and becoming desperate. If you don't phone me for some counselling I fear you will shortly become completely unhinged. I give 10% discount to Forum members.

66168[/snapback]

Believe it or not, I was told about this bike being in the pipeline in 1999! Okay, so there's been a few! reorganizations since then, but even without the hiccups, MG's track record for introduction to production hasn't been too stellar. Now the projected USA dealer date for the Breva 1100 is late December. My wife is leaning towards the Ural sidecar because it's "cute" but will acquiesce to whatever I purchase as it's my retirement fund but jeeze, even though I've got the money - the Breva's have slipped nearly four months for delivery here. The Urals have been here all along and even have parts support and warranties.

Thanks for the picture, Paul.

I don't care much for the 'eyeball' headlamps, but it's not too bad otherwise. It looks a bit like the earlier (late '90's?) GT prototype that never materialized.