Norge. The new Guzzi tourer

Guest goffredo

Hare is another scan I have from a rescent MOTORRAD magazine.

66256[/snapback]

That is the picture that was in MotorCycle News too.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the picture that was in MotorCycle News too.

66258[/snapback]

And _now_ the Breva makes sense. It was never designed as a naked bike originally. Once they took the fairing off, something had to fill all the holes left so all that pseudo-radiator junk was slapped on.

mike

Believe it or not, I was told about this bike being in the pipeline in 1999! Okay, so there's been a few! reorganizations since then, but even without the hiccups, MG's track record for introduction to production hasn't been too stellar. Now the projected USA dealer date for the Breva 1100 is late December. My wife is leaning towards the Ural sidecar because it's "cute" but will acquiesce to whatever I purchase as it's my retirement fund but jeeze, even though I've got the money - the Breva's have slipped nearly four months for delivery here. The Urals have been here all along and even have parts support and warranties.

66201[/snapback]

You can also handily mount a .50 cal on the sidecar for traffic busting or those pmt moments. :)

Hare is another scan I have from a rescent MOTORRAD magazine. It states that this is a computerised model , but also in the artikle states that something is probably planned for the Milan show.

guzzigt4xz.jpg

66256[/snapback]

Eh gads, looks as though they bought the mold for the Rifle Superbike fairing, just like the one I had on my '82 Yamaha Seca 650...come to think of it, after the crap fell on the bike while in the garage & weighed the windscreen down, the angle of the fairing is almost identical, with the headlight pointed upwards, searching the heavens for signs of intelligent life.....

Thats not a horrible looking bike. Kind of a left handed compliment but its only a computer image, not the real thing, & definitely not Guzzi's official pic. At first I thought the Breva was fugly :vomit: but I'm starting to warm up to it a little. If they get the plastic to look right the bike will sell very well.

Eh gads, looks as though they bought the mold for the Rifle Superbike fairing, just like the one I had on my '82 Yamaha Seca 650...come to think of it, after the crap fell on the bike while in the garage & weighed the windscreen down, the angle of the fairing is almost identical, with the headlight pointed upwards, searching the heavens for signs of intelligent life.....

66273[/snapback]

Hey, I had an 82 Yamaha Seca 650 too. Rolled it up into a ball at 38,600 miles though (just two short years). Had a big (and I do mean BIG) Hannigan fairing on it. I never could quite break 60 mpg on it though. 59.55 mpg pretty consistenly. Good looking bike. Kinda poor for longevity though. It was only intended to last about 4500 miles.

Guest AdamofKC
Here is another scan I have from a rescent MOTORRAD magazine. It states that this is a computerised model , but also in the artikle states that something is probably planned for the Milan show.

guzzigt4xz.jpg

66256[/snapback]

Oook... now which one to choose. FJR wanna-be or Bimmer Wanna-be.

This one now has an intake below the lamp just like or similar to a R1150RT. I know it is computer generated, but I hope with all the hope I have for Moto Guzzi that the design is something new, unique, refreshing and something good enough to make Moto Guzzi into a major superpower able to take over the world!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! My evil plan is coming into motion! Identical motorcycles for all!!!! Then, MY PLAN SHALL COME INTO ACTION!!!! Oh..... wait.... maybe I overexaggerated just a tad. heh

Aaaanyway, I do hope that the bike is as unique to the motorcycling world when it comes out as the Multistrada was when it came out.

Identical motorcycles for all!!!!  Then, MY PLAN SHALL COME INTO ACTION!!!!  Oh..... wait....

66291[/snapback]

But well don't you know people tend to buy identical motorcycles these days, take a look around.

The Breva 11 as is now produced is a total different motorcycle from the lot :2c: I've seen it ,I rode it(on Mandelo) and it still was so. :2c: The Griso is even more individual.

Developing a 12 motor though ,that's the catch I would love to see it happen.

As for looks we'll have to wait and see. Breva is a comfy tourer as a class and needs some descent wind protection I hope they'd come with something as individual to stand the Guzzi name.

Decent looking bike, I think- too much Multistrada in the fairing, though. (At least in that picture). By the by, I had a SECA 650 also- '85 I think, though. I had a hell of a time on it-that thing was way faster than it needed to be, with the suspension and brakes it had(or didn't have, rather). Ass end sure liked to kick out in corners though! :grin:

great, an MG called Norge... which is Norway (for all you vocabularly challenged). I guess it comes with 2wheel drive, inbuilt snow plough, and a 30-06 to finish off the moose and mammoths it hits when thundering through the extremely dangerous Norwegian outback. Cant find pictures of it, but I picture something similar to a Leopard Tank, only bigger. Of course its ugly, its supposed to be frightening...

A lot of Italians have a strange fetish about Norway, there is even a italian fashion brand that use the Norwegian flag as their logo. For most Italians I think Norway is the most exotic they can think of. I regularly see Italian (and German) tourists in FULL arctic survival gear trundling the streets of Oslo, which are no different to the streets of ...say Copenhagen.

but where are the pics!!?

EDIT: doh, there it is... the pic.. a cross between a cyclops and a sloth. nice...

Guest goffredo
Goffredo, is it going to be like this one?

66116[/snapback]

Hi Paul, can't tell much on the subject... Let's just say that MCN always got the photo montages wrong and in the pic you shown the name is wrong...

So, I'd wait for something different from both.

G.

This message will self destroy in 9, 8, 7,.... :D

Guest goffredo
And _now_ the Breva makes sense.  It was never designed as a naked bike originally.  Once they took the fairing off, something had to fill all the holes left so all that pseudo-radiator junk was slapped on.

mike

66263[/snapback]

It was designed as a naked bike originally.

The target bike for the project was the BMW r1100r.

Naked with small wind shield option.

G.

Guest goffredo

A lot of Italians have a strange fetish about Norway, there is even a italian fashion brand that use the Norwegian flag as their logo. For most Italians I think Norway is the most exotic they can think of. I regularly see Italian (and German) tourists in FULL arctic survival gear trundling the streets of Oslo, which are no different to the streets of ...say Copenhagen.

Well, fetish aside, the name Norge is in this case is a reference to the trip that Giuseppe Guzzi (Carlo's brother) took with a 1927 GT. To prove excellent quality of the bike as a router he rode it to Noordkaap and when he came back from Norway they started nicknaming the bike "Norge".

So the name is a tribute to the first tourist bike by Guzzi.

More in general Noordkaap and the Elefantentreffen are considered by a lot of southern Europe bikers a sort of "must do" in a motorcyclist life, like going to see the IOM TT or Assen.

G.