Norge. The new Guzzi tourer

Guest goffredo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Greaso and the Fridge. Not sure I like the direction MG marketing is taking. Certainly sure I don't like the new products.

The Fridge looks like it's trying to be a beamer, and the Greaso looks surprisingly similar to the new concept Vmax... similar, but slower. much slower.

Rj

he rode it to Noordkaap and when he came back from Norway they started nicknaming the bike "Norge".

So the name is a tribute to the first tourist bike by Guzzi.

More in general Noordkaap and the Elefantentreffen are considered by a lot of southern Europe bikers a sort of "must do" in a motorcyclist life, like going to see the IOM TT or Assen.

66370[/snapback]

They would be better calling it Noordkaap then. Norge is terrible. People don't know how to pronounce 'Guzzi' – so now they won't know how to pronounce both of the bike's names!

Mind you, it looks more like an 'Elefantentreffen'.

It looks like it was designed by a committee... A committee who were given a grid of squares and invited to fill in their own, without being able to see anything other than one adjacent square.

It is an ugly, lumpen thing with an identity crisis. The V11 is muscular. This latest abomination is just FAT.

If it was a woman I would not sh*g it!

Ok well maybe from behind where I could not see its fugly face!

66399[/snapback]

As long as she has one good angle, I'm happy B) But then again beauty is only a light switch away...

Oh, you were talking about the bike... yup. no good angle there.

Rj

Guest goffredo
Goffredo, I hope they know that Norge is a make of fridge in the usa, so no high level name for them, more a houshold item like Zanussi.

As far as I know there is a french motomagazine with real norge pictures in it?

66384[/snapback]

Well, I do not like the name too much as well and it was not among the names I submitted to Moto Guzzi. But it is not a real issue, if the bike is ok people will buy it. Maybe it is not 100% perfect for the US market but it will work fine almost everywhere in Europe.

Regarding the pictures, no way: no real pictures leak to the press so far and I would not spend too much time commenting the unlikely german photoshop...

G.

Well, fetish aside, the name Norge is in this case is a reference to the trip that Giuseppe Guzzi (Carlo's brother) took with a 1927 GT. To prove excellent quality of the bike as a router he rode it to Noordkaap and when he came back from Norway they started nicknaming the bike "Norge".

So the name is a tribute to the first tourist bike by Guzzi.

More in general Noordkaap and the Elefantentreffen are considered by a lot of southern Europe bikers a sort of "must do" in a motorcyclist life, like going to see the IOM TT or Assen.

G.

66370[/snapback]

OK, goffredo. Thank you for the history lesson.

I have now learnt that I must not write anything on monday mornings before I have had my three pots of coffee. :doh: The bike is obviously a photoshop-bird, and even a german one. Since I am one of the few in here that actually likes the look of the Breva, I guess that the real thing will look much better and more refined. The fairing of this one looks a bit like an five years old Suzuki 900.

But the Polar fetish is still here, dude :mg:

Decent looking bike, I think- too much Multistrada in the fairing, though. (At least in that picture). By the by, I had a SECA 650 also- '85 I think, though. I had a hell of a time on it-that thing was way faster than it needed to be, with the suspension and brakes it had(or didn't have, rather). Ass end sure liked to kick out in corners though! :grin:

66314[/snapback]

"Lack of" sure fits the description. After about 13,000 miles everything on the bike was so loose that it was a miracle it didn't have severe wobble problems. I used to just push it into corners and turn the front wheel so far it was scrubbing as it turned rather than using the brakes. I wouldn't try that nowadays since I've supposedly "matured", but that type of riding prompted me to hang up on motorcycles for 13 years. Then I saw my first Sport 1100i and it was love at first sight. I loved that 8.25" headlight. Stuck a 100W bulb in it and nearly scorched the paint of off the cars in front of me. Seca 650's were a 1982 model only in the USA.

Guest goffredo
(...) Since I am one of the few in here that actually likes the look of the Breva, I guess that the real thing will look much better and more refined.

I love the Breva 1100 too and your guess is entirely correct.

The fairing of this one looks a bit like an five years old Suzuki 900.

Indeed. But we do not have to worry since that montage is nowhere close to reality.

But the Polar fetish is still here, dude  :mg:

66463[/snapback]

I think I must concede that... I am planning to go to Noordkaap myself... :D

G.

Then I saw my first Sport 1100i and it was love at first sight. I loved that 8.25" headlight. Stuck a 100W bulb in it and nearly scorched the paint of off the cars in front of me.

It normally takes a 55/60W headlight bulb in there,didn't a 100W caused any thermal ptoblems to the headlight (inside)? or any other electrical "starve" to the bike?? :huh:

After much research, I have finally found the REAL Guzzi tourer. Those pics posted previously were of an FJR with faux-cylinder side covers.

This is the real, working prototype Guzzi has been secretly testing abroad. Note the relaxed head angle for all-day comfort, the exceptional leg position for control and stability, and the increased passenger room - a whopping 21 cu ft (hence the name Norge).

The new Guzzi Tourer

Yours truly,

Jimbemotumbo