Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

Lovely!

This is my vision on a tonti,

after the warming-up lap:

Grrrr, astonishing good looking classic, jcbooghs :helmet:

Oh my f%%€ goodness! You can almost smell the Castrol engine oil and hear the roar from these classic machines. Damn; that's real bikes IMO.

The Magni Guzzi finished a very respectable 7th according to the Magni newsletter I received. Well done! :helmet:

Thanks, Slavomir! I'll nick it and post on FB.

Søren

That's great!

and thanks, Tikka!

this is more lile 'show us what you do with your Tontis'

more pics of our raceteam HERE

Complete story for those who can read dutch, but pics do say enough, don't they? MGB Racing

I'm sitting with the biggest smile on my face right now (pants on, mind you!): This is REAL racing; minor teams bringing their love and pride to the track and kicking the s*** out it. Lovely!

This picture says it all: Link to races

"Are you hanging on, mate"? Excellent!

Miss the sidecars in todays GP scene, they were always a guarantee for superb action back in Eighties. Pity they don't race in the 'big' races :oldgit: First time I see Guzzi powered sidecars, great!!

Thanks for sharing and good luck with your team.

Søren

Well thanks! that feels good to hear.

The sidecar is a 750 from 1972 and won the 2011 Belgian Championship. Notice that the field is very international with riders from GB, France, the Netherlands, and more, even old GP-riders do compete this championship.

I rode the solo-bike this year in Post-Classics after the 'unlimited'-class was suspended because of "too fast and too dangerous". Now all the 'unlimited' bikes do ride in Post-Classics it's obvious the organisators don't like the Post-Classics either (and don't let us race all races).

Because of that we're gonna swap the engines and the sidecar will ride the big 1200 roundfin and I will enter the 750cc. Though that engine is very powerful we have got to loose a lot of weight from the Tonti to be a bit competetive with other Triumphs and Nortons. To be continued.

Well thanks! that feels good to hear.

The sidecar is a 750 from 1972 and won the 2011 Belgian Championship. Notice that the field is very international with riders from GB, France, the Netherlands, and more, even old GP-riders do compete this championship.

I rode the solo-bike this year in Post-Classics after the 'unlimited'-class was suspended because of "too fast and too dangerous". Now all the 'unlimited' bikes do ride in Post-Classics it's obvious the organisators don't like the Post-Classics either (and don't let us race all races).

Because of that we're gonna swap the engines and the sidecar will ride the big 1200 roundfin and I will enter the 750cc. Though that engine is very powerful we have got to loose a lot of weight from the Tonti to be a bit competetive with other Triumphs and Nortons. To be continued.

Hi JC,

so when will you attend the ITT Hořice?

http://www.amkhorice.cz/en/

:rasta:

She certainly looks like a blast! Have you any plans to race her in the UK, or maybe do some track days next year?

We have done a couple of informal track days in the UK before with forum members and its well overdue that we do another!

There's a good chance I'll be in Europe next year for an extended time. If that's the case I'd love to do some trackdays in the UK.

Just saw an article of your mighty fine Guzzi in the August edition of Classic Bike. Great looking bike, mister G-Gray! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Søren

Thank you. Motorcycle Classics here in the States are doing an article about our endurance effort at Spa . Should be out soon.

Regards, Andrew.

• 1 month later...

That's great!

and thanks, Tikka!

this is more lile 'show us what you do with your Tontis'

more pics of our raceteam HERE

Complete story for those who can read dutch, but pics do say enough, don't they? MGB Racing

Have you thought about doing the 4 hrs at Spa in July??

Would be great to see your Guzzi.

Well yes, we've been thinking about that (a lot)! But not sure if we can make it.

First of all, we won't have a suitable bike because of the sidecar/solobike engine swap. Riding the 4hrs race with a 750 is suicide.

We could fit my 1100Sport engine in the (2012 new chromo) frame but are still embarrased with electricity, larger battery for lights, larger fueltank, more comfortable seat, etc...

Beside the 4hr race there is the Belgian Championship to ride and the big 1169 LeMans must loose a lot of weight to become a 750cc V7Sport to compete with the Triumphs and BSA's (nope, we are not afraid of the Honda's :whistle: ) If we want to do it right we almost need a second bike for the 4Hrs and we don't have a second ($$$) bike!

Second is the inscription fee, which will be about 1500€. And thats a lot of money!

We were there last year and I saw you guys doing well. Too bad at that time I didn't knew who you were.

The sidecar drove in the free practices and the solobike was exhibited in the Moto Guzzi parc.

We will be there next year too but yet not sure if it will be for racing the 4hrs.

But I sure will come over to have a chat, you bet.

Ciao

• 1 month later...