Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

Link to my project before I futz further.

'81 G5

I love the tank badging and the luxurious brown seat and grips! :mg:

Attention to detail. monsieur Docc :thumbsup: One of the neatest Tontis I have seen, absolutely a stunner. Well done. Love your fusebox, immaculate job.

Søren

Thanks Docc, thanks Soren. I am of the mind and attention span that an '81 Guzzi is probably the most complex thing I can envision putting precisely as I want it. No such success with wife, kids, dog, house, etc. This is close though. This weekend I begin the added support for the seat pan back. Will post if it turns out nice and deny if it doesn't. Dennis

• 3 years later...

Here's my Jackal.

20150425_155023_zpsicclx8yk.jpg

It looked dowdy when I got it, so I removed the hepco bags and brackets, took off the flyscreen and pillion seat, Chromed the fender, stipped the forks and polished them as well as the handlebar clamp,  instrument bracket and top triple clamp. 

Since this pic was taken it's got a new chrome headlight nad headlight peak, chrome main stand, NEW aluminium switch blocks from a Cali vintage.

Take note of the twin waveblade discs. Only $150 delivered from ebay! (caliper and braided lines cost a fair bit more.)

Only had one warped disc when I got it. Stops AWESOME now!  I typically do one finger braking. 

Love it.

Peter

.............. and on the look out for a second Guzzi. Like the Harpers Tshirt says,  "Moto Guzzi's are like potato chips. You can't just have one!"

Any of these will do............

Bellagio Cafe racer

Bellagio%20936%20CR%2002_zps1thy44cv.jpg

bellagio

bellagio%20fairing_zps3fcu1y8u.jpg

Ipothesys cafe racer made from a Griso

Moto_Guzzi_Ipothesys_Aria_V12_020.jpg.20

Moto_Guzzi_Griso_Studie_2003_zpspqnu0fn6

.... yeah ok. It's not a Tonti, but, gorgeous anyway. Right?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My old Mille GT. It did a bit of a Jenny Craigs thing.  Loved that bike but a divorce meant it changed owners. Recently that owner passed away and the bike was given to his son. I would dearly love to get it back but I can't see it. So I bought a V11 my dream bike. When I bought the Mille GT in 1996 and started the work, I had always envisaged Guzzi being the ultimate Cafe Racer back when Cafe Racers were a thing of the distant past. So when I started everyone was like oh don't touch it, you have to keep it stock, nobody modifies bikes. Anyway, after I finished, they all looked at it quite differently.

14562372094_3918cf4bbc_o.jpg

• Like 1