Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

Just got this old T3 to go along with my V11. It's amazing how different they are.

XGJyjdR.jpg

Sweet! Love the round fins and black/gold.

Different how?

That's cool. Looks all original (except the huge K&N pods) and well-loved. Will she be an as-is rider - or do you have other plans? What year is it?  I think the new V9 tanks have some similar lines to those.

Here is my first Guzzi.

a 1000S (well... you got to start somewhere, right?)

One week later the purchase the owner regretted and said "Never sell your jewelry"... I kept the bike 5 years and sold it back to Eric and he was the happiest guy on earth.

DSCN0670.jpgimage ru

and few years later a 850T with hideous fairing and sissybar. This one was over 20 years in a basement.

M956.jpgimage hosting gif

• Like 1

That's cool. Looks all original (except the huge K&N pods) and well-loved. Will she be an as-is rider - or do you have other plans? What year is it?  I think the new V9 tanks have some similar lines to those.

It's a '76.

The guy I bought it from (who I believe is a member on that other Guzzi forum) completely went over the bike. New cylinders, electronic ignition, revamped brakes, etc. It rides really sweet right now. The most I'll do to her is maybe repaint the tank and side panels; and if I do it will be a restoration paint job--I love the black/gold trim.

I'll probably install some engine guards and luggage and just ride the damn thing.

Sweet! Love the round fins and black/gold.

Different how?

There's the obvious rider geometry difference. It is bolt upright and relaxed. This is my first bike with floorboards. I thought I'd hate them but so far they're alright.

The 850T3 has some getup, but it's a more lopey, calm ride. The V11S, in comparison, is undoubtedly a sport bike. It has an angry, urgent rasp, and certainly has a load more power.

The linked brakes are interesting, as well--they will take some getting used to. I'm used to favoring the front brake, but this bike needs a firm foot to stop.

• Like 1

Here is my first Guzzi.

a 1000S (well... you got to start somewhere, right?)

One week later the purchase the owner regretted and said "Never sell your jewelry"... I kept the bike 5 years and sold it back to Eric and he was the happiest guy on earth.

DSCN0670.jpgimage ru

That black/green stripe 1000S is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made. Would love to have one someday.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

30341332734_088a20d92e_b.jpg

That's a V7 Sport replica seat sitting over the T fender. Not the way it's suppose to be. I have a more suitable fender on the way. I bought this last year and it has 80k miles on it. Still starts every time, but sometimes it takes a couple tries. Probably the solenoid.

I want to put the second disk on the front just to balance it out.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

what's the middle one Chuck ?   I didn't know the V50 was a Tonti design . Live and learn .

Tontis have always referred to the big blocks starting with the V7 Sport, they technically went all the way into the early 90s, but were the big cruisers by then.

While technically correct that Tonti helped with the small blocks the small blocks are knowns as small blocks. The Tonti name was given to the Toniti-framed big blocks to differentiate from the Loops (Eldorados, etc).

• Like 1