Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

Funny, my Sport's RedFrame and Stilettos are "orange-ish."  :mg:  ("Italian Red")

Your Tonti  is a sweetheart! :thumbsup:

First start today, yes I do like it , nicely tuned, hardly shaking at idle. Balanced crank, 90mm Gillardoni 992cc, little modification In block for fitting, P3, Agostini sump vent, dual plug and ported heads, Agostini cam chain tensioner, transcontinental chlutch, only 3.3kg compared to org 8.3
Ok another home brewed IPA 8.3 %
Cheers

IMG_0347.JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I finally own a 1000S!  It needs a thorough going over, which I am happy to give it.   It came with the side covers, so no worries there.  The toughest part to find will be the black plastic shroud for the instruments. 

IMG_3344.jpg

• Like 2

Y'all are breaking my heart here . . .  :huh: 

I am betting that GreenFrame 1000S was the one I dragged a trailer to Indianapolis to buy in about '99. The deal fell through and we dragged an empty trailer 600 more miles back home.   :( 

The good news is, if I had gotten it, I would never had brought the RedFrame Sport into the fold . . . :sun::mg:

That GreenFrame is gorgeous, buddy! :thumbsup:

IMG_3344.jpg

Docc, that 1200 mile drive just to come back empty handed sounds painful.   How did the deal go sour?

Docc, that 1200 mile drive just to come back empty handed sounds painful.   How did the deal go sour?

Not sure how I found the bike (pre-web), but made a deal with the owner on the phone ($6,000). Met at a little motorcycle shop to pick it up and the owner and his wife sat on a sofa while the dealer priced the bike to me at $6,600.  He would absolutely not budge and neither would I. The owner(s) would not speak.  My buddy and I felt quite assured walking away.

I remember a couple things about the 1000S very distinctly:

Riding it, I loved the motor (had never ridden a Guzzi before), but the shaft jacking coming out of the corners really threw me. So happy, now, that my RedFrame Sport dos not do that.

I was stunned by the green frame just walking in the door. Assuming it was a black frame, the green just shocked me and put me off. Ever since, I've thought it absolutely delightful. :food:

(swooshdave was kind enough to do this mash-up for me last year):

35201063345_b9d5ff6751_b.jpg

• Like 1

Interesting story, but maddening also.

Although my 1000S came from Georgia, it was last registered, and ridden in Virginia - 2010.  It has sat in dry (luckily) storage since.