Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

I sold my perfect 2003 EVT a few years ago and still feel the pangs now and then.  It was a good all rounder.  It handled better than it really should have, and a properly sorted hydro motor is a great powerplant!

919.jpg

I had a Centauro bought over the phone from a Chicago dealer. When I arrived, he said, "sorry, just got my new blue book, and it's $1600 more. I never said a word. Just turned on my heels and walked, even though he was calling my name.. I don't play those kinds of games. :angry2:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Truth be known, I keep things forever. What things? Everything!

If I had gotten that GreenFrame1000S, I would not *know* all of you fine folks.

A Tonti would be wonderful to own. And a Loop. But I feel really, really lucky! :mg::thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I just keep falling in love with this old slow girl. It disappears underneath you and lets you go where you want. 5k miles in 3-4 months and I no longer am shopping for Lemans tanks and rear sets. It does what it does. 

My 70s 2t seized badly awaiting another massaging, my v11 is in pieces.

I feel pretty lucky too!

86BFF8CC-8A47-4D80-B20E-E35EE188EB1C.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, docc said:

My, my! Silver with red . . .  My Sport is in love with the beautiful older lady!  :wub:

"Lady" not so much, maybe. Valkyrie. Web Cams 86B and probably the best heads ever done on a 2-valve Guzzi.

VAnTyj1pKvNDCNpxYIZRIm0zQjCznRHeYSim2dqq

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pressureangle said:

"Lady" not so much, maybe. Valkyrie. Web Cams 86B and probably the best heads ever done on a 2-valve Guzzi.

VAnTyj1pKvNDCNpxYIZRIm0zQjCznRHeYSim2dqq

Mike Rich told me the Mighty Scura has the best flowing Guzzi 2V heads he's ever done. :rasta: He keeps records..:D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chuck said:

Mike Rich told me the Mighty Scura has the best flowing Guzzi 2V heads he's ever done. :rasta: He keeps records..:D

That'll be an interesting comparison. Share and report.

• Like 1

When I first got it, I was servicing it and saw the pushrods looked "different" and the valve clearances were way too tight. (!)  Pete had intimated that he thought the original owner had the heads done by Mike Rich, so wondering what to do, I emailed him. Nothing. I *hate* bothering people, but finally called him. He was gracious, and asked me to send him a picture, so I did. He called back and said they were his titanium pushrods all right, and should be adjusted to .002 and .003". He asked about it, and I told him I knew nothing (my normal state of being) :D except Pete got it from a Dr. in New Hampshire. He said he remembered that engine, but he didn't put it together, so knew nothing about it. He did say they were among the best flowing Guzzi heads he'd ever done, and apparently after rummaging through records told me the numbers on what they flowed which I immediately forgot.:rolleyes::oldgit: At the time, I wasn't concerned about it, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to burn some valves. Rummaging through my maintenance records, this was 7-4-10.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 8:45 PM, Chuck said:

IMG_20190918_131342177.jpg

Chuck, That is a gorgeous bike, it just looks ready to gobble up miles in comfort.

I don't know if it's the angle or the camera lens but I don't think I've ever seen a tonti with such a beefy looking front tire.

I know I've got one of those apart on the bench for quite a while now, but I don't remember it looking that nice when it was still in one piece,lol.

Kelly

Thanks for that. She's a good old girl that just passed 100. :grin: Still has excellent compression, still running points. About the only mod is tubeless wheels via the marine adhesive trick.

• Like 1