Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

7 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

Some of you who decry luggage are either bachelors or wear the same underwear for a week.  :D

I am neither of those, and am happily supervised.  :wub:

Bill

P.S.  The other reality for me is that I am a lousy planner and packer.  :rolleyes:

i-tL6KtHd-L.jpg

Ha ha 

Happily married mate, but she doesn't share my love of motorcycles nor will she ride pillion.

So I get away with a tankbag and a wee backpack.

Cheers Guzzler

Ps don't mind panniers on a touring bike ( but not a sport bike ) and anyone who even contemplates a trailer....

Well... buy a car !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Bill Hagan said:

The other reality for me is that I am a lousy planner and packer.

Ah, something I'm better at than someone else!  B)

After about 30 years of heading off to "somewhere" for a job as a freelance sound engineer, I can pack a suitcase for two weeks to cater for all foreseeable weather conditions, and catering for work clothes for set-up and tear-down and something "respectable" for the show, in about 15 minutes. As long as no-one distracts me in the process. One time my girlfriend asked me a question about something trivial (she thought it was important at the time...) in a critical phase of the process, and I went off to Berlin for 8 days without having packed any socks. :homer:

The problem with having lots of luggage space is that one starts thinking "oh, I could take that too". Inevitably, the available luggage space eventually becomes "enough -n", where "n" is probaly not really critical, but you really, really want to take that item with you too. :grin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The line in the sand for me is any top box.

Yeah, me too. Back in the day I crashed countless times running enduros. Most of the time I could throw the bike away. I have visions of a top box hitting me in the ass and taking me to the scene of the crash. :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...

Good evening everybody,

last year I build my personal Guzzi café racer . Unfortunatly I didn´t get younger in the past 63 years, so I prefer riding on my V 85 TT, the  best Moto Guzzi ever left the factory in Mandello del Lario !!!

Best regards !

Jürgen

DSCI1098.JPG

DSCI1102.JPG

• Like 11

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The G5 isn't running real well at the moment.  Cleaned spark plugs and treated to same snake oil fuel today.  She runs pretty good with the choke on, but backfires and sputters with choke off.  Soon as she's running well, goes on the sale block.  Takes up too much space and just too many other bikes to ride.  At the moment, she serves well as a foot rest.

20240413_170225.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, FreyZI said:

The G5 isn't running real well at the moment.  Cleaned spark plugs and treated to same snake oil fuel today.  She runs pretty good with the choke on, but backfires and sputters with choke off. 

Happy news!  The snake oil worked.  In this case, VP Fix-it-fuel.  Running reasonably slick.  She sure does like to be good and warmed up.