Show us yer Tontis!

Baldini

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They are both beautiful.  Care to give us the details on that Tonti?

92701[/snapback]

Check this thread in Member Intro: Roadholder http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...topic=7740&st=0

Guest roadholder
They are both beautiful.  Care to give us the details on that Tonti?

92701[/snapback]

Hi Tom,

the Tonti was a 1977 California II.

The engine was tuned with 1050 Gilardoni's, dinamically balanced flywhel, carrillo's and some job was done on a couple of Le Mans heads. The distribution now has alu gears and the parts in movement lighteneed. Lightweight clutch (one disk) and 36 dell'orto without top castle. El. Igniction and mistral V2 + crossover

For the suspension I choosed a couple of longer bitubo (gas with regulation), the rear suspension was machined in order go get a 130 Michelin. Front fork is stantard, but with bitubo carts and progressive springs. Brakes are stock, but the rear was mounted upsidedown and attached to the frame (it can twist). New Brembo oro seier for pumps.

I swapped the wheels with the one with rings (rear with wider channel, for the 130).

The battery is now under the gearbox, for lowering the baricenter and for creating the "hole". A special battery holder was made.

I did cut some no-needed pieces of frame :-)

Alu tank is from WBO (the long model) + Monza Cub cap. All the rear of the bike and the seat was made by me in fiberglass (and it hides the electrics).

Rear footpegs, light bracets and some other bites were machined by me.

Cylinder protection and gearbox-to-frame link from a german shop, in V2.

The bike is not finished yet, and probably wont... sort of never ending project :-)

Oh it works... Your bike is bitchin'

93301[/snapback]

All being well, I shall be watching this one work at the Trofeo Rosso on 22nd/23rd July. I'll reprot back with an action photo if my meagre skills with the tiny digital do-dah allow.

• 7 months later...

Well she is not anywhere near as sexy looking as some of the Tonti cafe racers shown in this thread, but she is a good ride and I love her! Bought her new in 2001, rode her a lot for a few years including a trip to Mandello and to Spain, then sold her 18 months ago to a family member. Bought her back last Friday.

On the face of it, not as "sporty" as my V11, but in real terms is nearly as fast. I am running lidless airbox with K and N, plus Mistral crossover. I have added the extra front disc (same Brembos as V11), got the seat rebuilt for extra comfort, and this afternoon fitted fully adjustable Hagon Nitro shocks which will I am sure be much better than the standard crappy Sachs.

Good to have a Tonti in the garage again.

Guy :helmet:

Jackal004.jpg

Jackal002.jpg

Good to have a Tonti in the garage again.

Jackal004.jpg

:oldgit: Never leave the garage without an extra set of fasteners.................

Seriously, the more I see of the Jackals the more I like them. Bet its nice having your old friend back.

• 4 years later...

Seems like this has become a dead part of the forum, so I add one of my bikes to breath some life into it.

It's a -81 Le Mans III, -or at least it was.

It has got a dual plugged 992 cc engine with 40 mm carbs, ported valves, Dr John/Supertrapp, lightened fly wheel, Silent Hektik ignition, Öhlins mono shock and Marzocci MR1 fork, Magnesium wheels, four pad Brembos/ISR, etc, etc...

It flies like a dream!

Le Mans 1.JPG