Erin Rally

grossohc

Have been reading the posts about erin and was wonderin who organises the rally, I have just checked my work schedule and should be off for it ( unless the wife has other plans). Is it just for v11,s or any other bike ?. Do you pay and if so who to?. And i have zero sense of direction so where in ireland is it.

Gary :race::mg:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's organised by the UK moto Guzzi owners club. If your not a member it's well worth joining if just for the very high standard magazine.

http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/bike/default.asp It is the V11 of web sites a bit half arsed and undeveloped ( definatly compared to Jaaps :brown nose smiley:)

It's in the south west

Map link

Next years dates were published in the club magazine, but they've yet to have the planning meeting. So I don't know if they are set in stone. I hope they are as I've booked leave for it.

Sorry can't remember the cost for last years, and the forthcoming isn't published yet. but allow £65 ferry , £10 rally fee £5 camp site £lots for beer

Edited by Martin Barrett

Have been reading the posts about erin and was wonderin who organises the rally, I have just checked my work schedule and should be off for it ( unless the wife has other plans). Is it just for v11,s or any other bike ?. Do you pay and if so who to?. And i have zero sense of direction so where in ireland is it.

Gary :race:  :mg:

67398[/snapback]

If you want to cross to Stranraer or Larne, I can meet you and make sure you go in generally the right direction. It's a day's journey through Ireland. How far would you have to travel down through Scotland?

Thanks for the info, i will join the guzzi club when i get home. I live in aberdeen so its about 200miles from stranraer, took the vfr 750 over on the seacat once and got lost in belfast (wife wasnt amused cos it was pissin down). I stayed over in Mallow that time for a night and it doesnt look to far from there. Cool, hope it happens now,

Gary :bike::race:

• 2 weeks later...

any more news on dates or places?

Is 9-11 june still right?

It's going to be a busy few weeks, withe spean bridge and this, and immediately afterwards I'm tring to organize a week on an electra glide in las vegas for theMrs`s birthday.

any more news on dates or places?

Is 9-11 june still right?

It's going to be a busy few weeks, withe spean bridge and this, and immediately afterwards I'm tring to organize a week on an electra glide in las vegas for theMrs `s birthday.

68810[/snapback]

Sounds great- Helen and I are hiring Road Kings for 3 weeks in July to celebrate the end of my hospital treatment- can't wait to get some sun!

Are you using Eagleriders for the hire?

Guy :helmet:

That's the.plan. I've been all over that part of the world years ago, but she hasn't, plus it was winter when I was there before, so Flagstaff and monument valley hopefully won't be covered in snow this time. And all this with a stereo, albeit a cassette player!.

Haven't Harley heard of CDs?

And we might get married again by Elvis. Wonder if I can include the bike somehow....

That's the.plan. I've been all over that part of the world years ago, but she hasn't, plus it was winter when I was there before, so Flagstaff and monument valley hopefully won't be covered in snow this time. And all this with  a stereo, albeit a cassette player!.

Haven't Harley heard of CDs?

And we might get married again by Elvis. Wonder if I can include the bike somehow....

68877[/snapback]

Go for a Street Glide and I think that comes with a CD player- I personally prefer engine noise and singing to myself like a loony.

We are hiring our bikes in LA and will be exploring bits of California, Arizona, Utah and Colorado.

Looking forward in particular to visiting Las Vegas and riding in warm weather!

Have a great time

Guy :helmet:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Martin

Have you paid the rally organisers or do you pay when you arrive. :mg: 

Gary

77335[/snapback]

There will no doubt be booking forms in the Grumblemonger out soon (this week by my reconing) or the one after. Certain people last year who couldn't make their mind up to the last minute phoned Bob Smith up and paid on arrival. I don't think numbers are overly critical always squeeze another tent in. If you just turn up he might not have had enough badges made. Last year the rally fee was £5. Plus a few quid for (very basic) camping. So it's only to cover the costs.

I take it that you did join the MGOCGB

I take it that you did join the MGOCGB

77347[/snapback]

Yes i joined in december, I will wait till the next issue of gambalunga (great mag) before i book a ferry, then i will have to sort out a tent, sleeping bag etc. As a matter of interest what is the minimum gear i could take without buying panniers, i have a mg tankbag (ebay) and the bike had a venturer rack on it when i bought it. I have toured on a bike before but always went for the easy option (hotel or B&B ).

Gary :mg:

Bring your midgie cream,the little buggers were biting last year!

You can get collabsible one man tents and sleeping bags that'll fit easily into a rucksack.

John O'Sullivan has one that's positively palatial-en suite bathroom and everything.