Erin Rally

grossohc

How good are the ferry operators at tying the bike down, should i take anything (rags to protect paintwork etc). i  have used ferrys before but that was a while ago and the bike was on a centrestand. 

gary

90703[/snapback]

More stable if the bike is on the sidestand and tied down properly. I always take my own ratchet straps as quite often you just get some greasy ropes and basically you do it yourself. Worth putting it in neutral and taping the front brake lever to the grip to stop it moving.

Guy :helmet:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the Stenna Fishguard - Rosslarne crossing onthe way out just left it to the deck hands, can't remember what they did. Couldn't have been worse than me dropping it doing the "s" turn across the deck when my kill button brushed the tank bag :homer::homer::homer:

On the way back on the fast cat a strap and sponge across the seat. Think I tied it down.

My only other experiance is Stena Harwich to Hook, which was the box of greasy ropes.

On the Stenna  Fishguard - Rosslarne crossing onthe way out just left it to the deck hands, can't remember what they did. Couldn't have been worse than me dropping it doing the "s" turn across the deck when my kill button brushed the  tank bag  :homer:  :homer:  :homer: 

On the way back on the fast cat a strap and sponge across the seat. Think I tied it down.

My only other experiance is Stena Harwich to Hook, which was the box of greasy ropes.

90730[/snapback]

Usually there is no problem, they bind it tightly to the ground, just bring with you an old/used towel to cover the ssaddle, there is where the rope usually crosses the motorbike, just to protect the saddle. somtimes they also tie the motorbike to the side of the ship, in that case the best thing is to pot the bike with the side stand on the side of the wall, the rope will hold it from falling on the other side.

Guest jim fordham

Yeah I am going with Gerry(duffo) on the QE2 from swansea , still no sign of the starter motor for the Scurra , I ll get one from somewhere. And what do you mean we need to bring our own butlers , I ve given the man the week off. tut tut what oh.

still no sign of the starter motor for the Scurra , I ll get one from somewhere.

90826[/snapback]

There'll be plenty at the Erin. Bring a spanner. :whistle:

er, :huh: just :lol: officer

might need the odd push . anyone tried bump starting a v11

90832[/snapback]

It's not recommended.

Not good for the machine's ECU brain.

Guest jim fordham

got it sorted Gerrys got a spare I can use till the warranty one turns up. The factory are moving there warehouse so there 3 weeks behind on parts supply.

I need a pint!!!!!

Guest jim fordham
Oh so they have got quicker!  :P

90839[/snapback]

Yes but is that 3 uk weeks or 3 italian weeks ie as when they close for there summer hols the weeks dont count. Or even could be Guzzi weeks.

sod I ve missed last orders !

...You need to get that Scura in the mix....

...How are you doing on sorting this this years crossing out?...

I have a problem with work & tyres, haven't got crossings either, but if I can get it sorted I'll come along. Hope to see you there - either way have a great time! Best, Keith. :sun:

I have  a problem with work & tyres, haven't got crossings either, but if I can get it sorted I'll come along. Hope to see you there - either way have a great time! Best, Keith. :sun:

90957[/snapback]

A problem with tyres! Have you worn those NEW tyres out already?

Borrow Guzbun's spare wheels.

Take Guzzbun's bike.

Get Martin to carry you over.

Fit Stradas, for goodness sakes. You know it makes sense.

The :sun: is :sun: – this weekend anyway. Can't be bad next weekend: can it?

Weather forecast

Weather looking very good so far!!

We are stopping at the Red Lion hotel in Dinnas Mawddwy near Dolgellau on Wed night if anyone fancies joining us. About 90 miles to do in the morning to Fishguard for the 11.30am crossing.

Front wheel bearings have been replaced, new rear tyre fitted and scrubbed in, new tent tested in garden, Euros collected from bank, GPS unit charged up- stuff gathered and put in a big pile for packing.

Have I forgotten anything?

Guy :wacko:

It's been great this weekend. :sun::sun: It must be a good omen for the weather next weekend.

I had a lovely run around the fantastic north coast road on the LMlll and both the sky and the sea were blue, not grey or black! Scotland looked so close.

Being at the other end of the island and closer to the sun, Inchyjiggley will be :thumbsup::sun::race::food::D

Saturday started with a drive in the motor that my brother has knocked togetherbluecar.jpg

LM.jpgsearoad.jpgroad.jpg

Scotland, not far away. This wasn't the closest part and here the view was a bit hazy.

scotland.jpg