Tunedit - Tuneboy

luhbo

I getting convinced too.

I am replacing my PCIII-USB.

I works well and is still the best way to get

a good mapping fairly quit and cheap on a Dynolink center.

but with my E85 experiments it would be nice to have a few extra

fine tuning capabilities.

Still choosing between Tuneboy and My15M,

but since I am not made out of money and having

bought a WBO2 I think I will do quiet OK without

the extras of MyECU.

I'll have to think about a few days more.

BTW, anyone want to buy a PCIII-USB is good condition?

Titaniumtimap7ek.gif

LeManslemansmap3mj.gif

69173[/snapback]

What we see here are only the main fuel maps. It looks as if the standard map is remarkable richer than the Ti map. What is not taken into account are the correction values from air temp trim, engine temp trim and pressure trim. After you have added these values the maps look different.

Exciting is also a look at the offset tables, that are quite different as well!

Hubert

I think those advance values are more related to helping stabilise the idle. Notice how the advance actually reduces with RPM at the lower throttle ( Not at the higher throttle ).

As the idle starts to run away as it heats up etc, the spark advance reduces to keep the RPM from increasing too much.

I think those advance values are more related to helping stabilise  the idle. Notice how the advance actually reduces with RPM at the lower throttle ( Not at the higher throttle ).

As the idle starts to run away as it heats up etc, the spark advance reduces to keep the RPM from increasing too much.

69300[/snapback]

No, when going to the Ti Map, the advance stays the same or increases and it reduces nowhere.

All of the increased advancing when going to the Ti Map is at lower RPMs.

On both maps the advance reduced with RPM at both the lower AND higher throttles at all but the lowest of RPMs.

Not that the advance at 1.99% throttle does not effect idle stability, but why would all the other numbers be changed when going to titanium mufflers?

Are the fifty percent throttle settings increased primarily to stabilize idle on the ti mufflered bikes?

I don't think so.

Are you comparing the two maps?

Perhaps I'm reading those pictures wrongly.

I assume the shaded green is from the Ti map.

If we look at the advance in that green block, we have 15 degrees, at 900RPM, REDUCING to 12 degrees at 1100, slight increase to 13 at 1700.

Both maps show an area of advance decreasing with RPM increasing around idle.

It would seem the bulk of the spark advance ( everything over 2000RPM ) is identical. Therefore the changes are predominately for idle but also for the initial taking off.

Be it idle stabilization or not, what struck me most when I first saw it was the huge amount of advance at WOT and high revs. The tontis used to run at max 35° and generally it's the case, that at the top end the advance can and should be reduced. Just because of the in this case eminent turbulences and temperatures.

Should really be need for these numbers (44°) than dual plugging is more or less a must for this engine!

Hubert

You know, I read all this and look at these charts, and think to myself that if I need to get a fix of bike fettling, I'll buy a nice classic with carburettors, ignition you can set by twiddling the points, vacuum and centrifugal advance etc.

Simple and satisfying. It seems in the modern world, you have to be more geek than grunt........

Perhaps I'm reading those pictures wrongly.

I assume the shaded green is from the Ti map.

If we look at the advance in that green block, we have 15 degrees, at 900RPM, REDUCING to 12 degrees at 1100, slight increase to 13 at 1700.

Both maps show an area of advance decreasing with RPM increasing around idle.

It would seem the bulk of the spark advance ( everything over 2000RPM ) is identical. Therefore the changes are predominately for idle but also for the initial taking off.

69310[/snapback]

No, you are reading them correctly.

And yes the changes are predominately for idle and taking off.

A power range that dyno operators rarely bother charting.

I suppose I was focusing on the taking off and you on the idle.

Certainly 1500 to 2000 rpm is not cruising rpms, but it is an important power range.

And if my theory held true, they should be giving more advance through three thousand RPMs.

Here is a dyno graph of stock vs. Ti (it does not prove my point, but is interesting)

v11dia.jpg

Be it idle stabilization or not, what struck me most when I first saw it was the huge amount of advance at WOT and high revs. The tontis used to run at max 35° and generally it's the case, that at the top end the advance can and should be reduced. Just because of the in this case eminent turbulences and temperatures.

Should really be need for these numbers (44°) than dual plugging is more or less a must for this engine!

Hubert

69319[/snapback]

I think that may be one reason why fuel injected bikes get worse fuel mileage and make better power.

I am planning on a pretty drastic timing remap.

The tiMap may be a good start, but it is known that PCIIIs do benefit the Ti kit, so it won't be perfect.

This link may be of interest to you.

http://www.t595.net/messageboard/thread.asp?thread=26202

Some guy (Magnus Lirell from Uppsala Län, Sweden) wrote a program to convert WBO2 logs to TuneBoy trim maps for the Triumph TuneEdit.

Perhaps it could work on the Guzzi :huh2:

...snip...

69446[/snapback]

Interesting, of course, thank you very much.

BTW, that's probably one of the most appreciated features that the My15M gives to you. Connect it to the O2-probe, press the auto-tune button and drive on. Regarding to what O2 targets you have defined in your map the software then corrects the fuel map all on its own. Very confortable and reliable!

Hubert