Tunedit - Tuneboy

luhbo

Yes, indeed. Thank you, Ernst. That was one of the more interesting graphs, also for me.

It seems that UltiMap is also not the programm I would go for. What is the problem to read the map of any Weber ecu and present its values in a readable or at least comparable form? When I got you right, then Ultimate also can not show what values your neighbour is using, right?

Hubert

Yes, indeed. Thank you, Ernst. That was one of the more interesting graphs, also for me.

It seems that UltiMap is also not the programm I would go for. What is the problem to read the map of any Weber ecu and present its values in a readable or at least comparable form? When I got you right, then Ultimate also can not show what values your neighbour is using, right?

Hubert

Right, Hubert

Ultimap is fine for professional tuners as it has a lot of maps worked out on the Dyno for the WM equipped motorcycles. Handling for diagnosis is a lot easyer than axone.

When I were a software expert, I would investigate to get access to the ECUs. I suppose it gets more difficult to crack the system with every generation of ECUs. Ultimap p.ex. can not provide to reflash the WM5.9 computers, their solution is to offer an exchange computer U59 that can be flashed with the software. This is a fully open system. Furthermore they cannot provide a base map for the V11 bikes with catalyst.

• 2 weeks later...
Titaniumtimap7ek.gif

LeManslemansmap3mj.gif

So I was looking at the airbox lid this weekend [still waiting to put the finishing touches on it per Phil A's suggestions] & I had a sudden flashback to these images/thread & all the discussions about how the Guzzi Ti pipes look/work fab, but that their matching ecu seems to have fueling issues, & I thought:

"Those pipes are sold as a 'track only' kit; I wonder if the map in the Ti ecu was developed w/ the idea that whoever was going to install it was also going to pull off the airbox lid, duct tape the filter in place & run the box topless?"

If so, that would go a long way toward explaining the seeming counterintuitive changes to the Ti ecu's map, going richer where the stock ecu is already rich, etc. because the entire harmonics of the engine is going to change radically vs. just changing to a "slight decrease in backpressure" exhaust.

Just a WAG at this point, but if someone w/ the Ti kit wants to try running it lidless & report back, that'd be grand...

:thumbsup:

• 11 years later...

So I realize this thread is as old as dirt, yet maybe the world has changed since 2007. I also posted this question under the "Fuel Mapping" thread. I don't mean to be redundant, I it's just with these older threads, I', hoping my question gets found:)
I would really like to improve the fuel mapping in my 2003 Rosso Corsa. I had the TuneBoy work done to it, and it came out pretty good, not amazing, but pretty good . I still had the hesitation at the 2700 to 3000 rpm range. Actually I didn't love the throttle response below 3000 rpms in general. Any how, a blown clutch. a bit of fiddling by the Guzzi dealer and 5 years later it needs a refresh/update.

Thus my question. Go back and have the TuneBoy refreshed or are there better options at this point? I'm not looking for a fire breathing dragon here, just a better, smoother throttle response.

Thanks in advance,

24 minutes ago, LowRyter said:

You might look at Guzzidiag or contact Beetle on Wild Guzzi who has written dozens of maps.

My bike has PC, slip-ons and crossover by the PO and it runs good.  

Thanks LowRyter

• Like 1