Tekno Bags

Nicholr

Can anyone demistify the Tekno luggage phenomenon? I need a left bag and mount and cannot track it down anywhere. It is like Tekno never made it? I have acquired a Canadian 2002 Le mans. Seemingly these bikes had a problem with the engine paint peeling. The factory offered to repaint the engine or give the owner Tekno soft luggage and a tank bag. My previous owner opted for the luggage, high sided the bike and sold it to me. In the roll over the left bag and mount were wrecked. Seemingly a simple fix ... buy a new bag and mount. In my search I find no reference for this item at Guzzi, Tekno or ? Any thoughts?

Ron Nichols

I believe that they are no longer available commercially anywhere. We covered this a little while back and all outlets no longer were advertising them. Your best bet would be ebay or on guzzi sites as they do come up occasionally. Ask about as someone might be in the reverse position and that way one of you could end up with a set.

I don't know how badly damaged your set are. The frame should be a simple straighten reweld and paint (unless you've one of the chromed frames) The bag would be a harder proposition.

I like my Teknos they are a good compromise between full hard luggage and throwovers. I like the security of the frame. But they aren't exactly spacious I don't use them expanded. You may want to see if the mounting plate is movable to a soft set of throw overs, and would also need to make it semi rigid in the process but might be too much effort.

I recommend other alternatives to panniers the Bagster tank bag system and am also considering the Ventura bike pack to supplement my set up

• 7 years later...

I mailed them back in december 2010 for an offer on left and right incl all hardwear, shipped, and they would deliver to me for Euro 300,- +shipping 52,-

Never got to buy it, managed so far with MG tankbag and MG rear luggagerack-bag (+ sometimes a mc backpack) for my v11. Not that many long trips for me.

• 1 month later...

I've just posted a set up for sale in the classified section.  I was going to use make some mounts and use them on my Stelvio.  Decided to go an other way.

IMG_8493_zps72f05c69.jpg

Not the cheapest option at $569.95... but looks like the same mounts as my Teckno bags and they are new. Adjustable volume too. Just the ticket for those with mounts and no bags.  Or, those willing to customize the mounts for the V11 application.

BTW... these are Moto Guzzi Accessories. The link is below, but it doesn't mention the intended model/application.

GU06480100.jpg

Semi Rigid Saddle Bag Kit     $569.95
product # GU06480100

PRODUCT INFORMATIONPair of semi rigid textile saddle bags, accurately finished down to the smallest detail, including padlockable zip and reflective inserts. Personalised logo. Made in high-tech textile. Easy to remove from the bike thanks to Moto Guzzi’s patented lockable Fast-Click® system. Mounting rack specially designed, tested and homologated by Moto Guzzi’s technical department. Complete with fitting instructions and thermosealed rain hood. Volume varies from 18 to 20 lt.

Link: http://www.empire-cycle.com/eshopprod_cat_7928-95252_prodtree_f2-027-013982_product_1226795.Semi_Rigid_Saddle_Bag_Kit.htm

Just found an other link with better pictures and it says that these are Griso bags. Higher price.

Link: http://www.af1racing.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=39066

I'm not so sure... Look at the pictures at the AF1Racing link. The bars that bags mount to appear to be the same diameter as what was on my Tekno mounts.  Look closely and you will see that the top bar is smaller diameter than the bottom bar.  The new Moto guzzi mounts also show this.  The old mounts use plastic stops to locate the bag 'forward-back'.  The new mounts pictured use different size tubing to accomplish this.

Of course the 'final' word would be to try the new bags on the Tecko mounts.  I haven't done that. To me, however, the plastic clips (on the bags) that are used to attach the bags to the mounts, look exactly like the ones on my Tekno bags.

• 7 years later...

I know I'm resurrecting an old thread, but... in case anyone else has this question, I recently had a chance to try the Griso bags on the OEM V11 Sport/Le Mans brackets.

SPOILER ALERT... they don't work.

The mounts are the same, no issue there. The problem is that the Griso bags are taller, and simply don't clear the V11 exhaust. Not even close.

__Jason

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Jason!

I got a spare set of Tekno to replace my originals that really show their miles.  I'm going to have to refurbish them replacements as one has a fractured internal support plate and they are both that funky pale purple. Planning on posting my solution for replacing the support plate.

Thanks, again, for the post!