Tekno Bags

Nicholr

My Tekno bags are also starting to look rough. I've had to stitch them up a bit, and they are starting to look a bit Frankenstein-ish, so I'm starting to look at alternatives for replacement.

I recently bought a set of the mounts by themselves:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JO0W6OU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now I'm hunting around for a set of bags to attach them to. I could have also just simply removed the mounts from my original bags, but... they still have a bit of life left in them, and I don't really want to mess around with them until I know I have a good replacement lined up. If anyone has suggestions for good (size-appropriate) bags or cases that might work with these mounts, I'm open to suggestions. At the moment, these are a contender:

https://cariboucases.com/Cases-Only/Pair-of-Pelican-25-Liter-Cases-with-Lid-Lock-Lid-Lanyards-and-Retention-Straps.html

__Jason

• Like 1

So, I built a replacement internal support plate for this broken one. This material is pretty brittle and, evidently, this one took an impact at some point.

IMG_3210.jpg

I decided on this 5-ply 1/8" cutting mat material thinking it wouldn't split or crack.

IMG_3211.jpg

I got a decent facsimile, yet it is not as rigid, or thick,  as I would like.

IMG_3212.jpg

If you are running Tekno bags, take time to inspect the internal rigid panels from time to time or after an impact. Especially the deepest mounting panel.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bbolesaz said:

Anyone tried to dye the Tekno bags "back to black" ?

Today's project! Taped off the buckles and zippers last night. I've used common spray paint in the past, but this time KINDOY2 helped me source some proper product: SEM®  Color Coat, Landau Black:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/smm-15013

"Purple-b-gone!"

IMG_3216.jpg

• Like 1

My redneck stiffener and load-out support. This is generally my heavy side with air compressor, jumper cables, tools, voltmeter, blah-blah-blah . . .

IMG_3248.jpg

IMG_3249.jpg

• Like 1

G'day mate.

I have a set of these Tekno bags that came with my bike.

I'm not a fan of them and removed the framework from the bike.Everything was then shoved in the shed.

Long story short, I'll never use them and if someone else can get some use out of them then free to a good home!

A caveat though.

The right side bag was ripped and the previous owner repaired the pannier with cable ties to get him where he needed to be at the time.

However it's only the fabric and inside structure is  intact as is all the framework.The left bag is all good!

I'm not able to post any photos unfortunately ( beyond my expertise ).

Jeez I suppose the other caveat would be the tyranny of distance. I'm in Victoria Oz !

Still, don't suppose it'd be that expensive to post eh.

Anyways if anyone's interested let me know and after the lockdown I'll see about getting them packed up / posted.

Cheers Guzzler 

• Like 3

That's a tempting offer! In my case, I already have an aging and somewhat frayed set, that for the time being, is still quite usable. So I'll step back and give others a chance to make a claim.

If my experiment in finding a 3rd-party brand of luggage to mount on the OEM frames using the readily available KlickFix mounting hardware pans out, then then those frames may be the most valuable part of the entire kit (personally, I found the Guzzi-supplied OEM frames to be *much* more aesthetically pleasing than any of the aftermarket hardware).

Cheers!

__Jason

• Like 1

No worries mate!

Now that I have a new Tank bag - yay.

The Minister thinks it a good time to clear these from the shed after 10 years of gathering dust ha ha .

More than happy for someone to get some use out of them or parts thereof.

Cheers Guzzler

• Like 1