Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jedione68
In Grenoble yesterday 20 cm of pure fresh snow powder.

Didnot see a bike out  :bike:

Time for winter projects

68708[/snapback]

And catching air on your Snow Board!!!

Low temp Friday here was 8 Sunday its supposed to be in the 50's. I'm going to try & sneak the bike out between the rainshowers. Its supposed to be 65 here on Monday but I have to work that day...all damn day lol. After tuesday I think its back to winter again.

Still riding in Seattle this time of year - nowadays I cheat with an electric jacket under the leather (and yes it does push the electrical system to its limits). As long as it has not dipped below freezing you'll fine me out there whenever I can get away. The trick is to warm up your left hand on the left cylinder when you get cold! I do not like the crud getting on the bike but I figure they were made to be ridden after all. There is no salting on the roads here that i know of either.

What are you using as wind guards for your hands?

-your buddy in Southern California :sun:

68706[/snapback]

Ha! Thats some cut up carpet fastened with zip ties on my old SP.

Not beautiful but 200% more effective than the $35.00 good looking

Parts Unlimited hippo hands I have on the LeMans.

All that glitters is not gold...

There is NO WAY I am taking my baby out in this sh*t we have a foot of snow its below freezing and they use some kind of Mutant hybrid salt that'll eat the track off a cat. They don't care about the cars just the cars not sliding. It'll be spring b4 she see's the light again. But I can't wait either. :blush:

There is NO WAY I am taking my baby out in this sh*t we have a foot of snow its below freezing and they use some kind of Mutant hybrid salt that'll eat the track off a cat. They don't care about the cars just the cars not sliding. It'll be spring b4 she see's the light again. But I can't wait either.  :blush:

68745[/snapback]

My condolences...

MN! yoweee.....I'm in New England and I can barely take that...sometimes only miss 3 or 4 week ends...( a good bit warmer here on the coast.)

My saying is "10mi in January is equal to 100mi in June"

It's enough to make me go live somewhere warm....but the south hates us yankees and

the west coast is to crowded and $$$$$$$

Here on the East Coast next to the ocean I can ride all winter, especially now that I have an electric vest and gloves. I can't believe that I rode for 50 years without Widder gear - what a difference! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Of course I'm not especially fond of freezing rain and slush so I do pick my winter days carefully. I have yet to strap my skis on the Guzzi and go to Vermont in January. :grin:

Guest guzzi56

:helmet: Glad to hear there are some riders in the Seattle area, I was there last week and saw only a few scooters braving the conditions. I was thinking of heated grips, any ideas on how much load on the electrical system as compared to a vest?

Still riding in Seattle this time of year - nowadays I cheat with an electric jacket under the leather (and yes it does push the electrical system to its limits).  As long as it has not dipped below freezing you'll fine me out there whenever I can get away.  The trick is to warm up your left hand on the left cylinder when you get cold!  I do not like the crud getting on the bike but I figure they were made to be ridden after all.  There is no salting on the roads here that i know of either.

68740[/snapback]

I'm still mostly commuting on the bike here in Seattle, though I am using an electric vest. Best piece of riding gear EVER :race: My vest uses 33 watts..not sure what the heated grips use. I find that with the vest on my hands really don't get cold unless they get wet.

Randy