Winter!!

Ouiji Veck

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just sleety this morning but is starting to stick.  Might get sent home early as everything is bound to come to a standstill in the next few hours.  Time to head for the cycleways to avoid the ballet dancing hippos.

mike

68847[/snapback]

My bike isprobably not going even close to a road for four months. Its snowing like hell outside, salt and rotten leaves cover the asphalt with slime and conditions are generally awful, but hey; - just as I write some dude on a very shiny Cali 1100 EV cruises past the office window in the snow, WITHOUT a helmet... was that Superman?? or Supertwat? :o

My bike isprobably not going even close to a road for four months. Its snowing like hell outside, salt and rotten leaves cover the asphalt with slime and conditions are generally awful, but hey; - just as I write some dude on a very shiny Cali 1100 EV cruises past the office window in the snow, WITHOUT a helmet... was that Superman?? or Supertwat?  :o

68854[/snapback]

Are you sure it was his head you could see? His genitalia must be HUGE.....

Deep breath, head for the car park.

Guest AdamofKC
Hey Adam? you ever heard of or were in DeMolay? Not that I expect everyone from KC to know but it is thier international headquaters. I've heard it was big in germany and brazil too.  :huh2:

68799[/snapback]

DeMolay? I'm not familiar with that name. Could you elaborate on who or what it is?

DeMolay?  I'm not familiar with that name.  Could you elaborate on who or what it is?

68868[/snapback]

Its a youth group of sorts affiliated with and very similar to Masons. I'm a Mason also, And a Shriner. I wish we had a emoticon with a little red monkey hat. :cheese: Anyway The orginization was HUGE in the 50's and 60's and is still around today its like 4H meets Masonry. Bill Clinton was in, Buddy epson, Walt Disney, The Duke!, The Lame Duck Fran tarketon. I donate a lot of my time to them when I can.

The cars I drove in were actually boats the unit called themselves the mariners. :huh2:

Its a youth group of sorts affiliated with and very similar to Masons. I'm a Mason also, And a Shriner. I wish we had a emoticon with a little red monkey hat.  :cheese: Anyway The orginization was HUGE in the 50's and 60's and is still around today its like 4H meets Masonry. Bill Clinton was in, Buddy epson, Walt Disney, The Duke!, The Lame Duck Fran tarketon. I donate a lot of my time to them when I can.

68880[/snapback]

well met.

Rj

My apologies for not having a V11 picture.... this weekend I went to the local off road park and played around on my KLR.

Yes, that's ice. It's crunchylicious.

IMG_0052.jpg

Here's some fellows who didn't have a good day. They busted the front driveshaft, a knuckle joint under the front tire and some other stuff that leaked oil (but I didn't get a good look at).

IMG_0053.jpg

Sorry to disappoint with another non-Guzzi pic but I had to do some breaking in on the HD.

Was 1 degree above freezing and where it was shady there was still snow and ice on the road but it was just cold and wet in the sunny bits.

It was fantastic to ride over the moors and see the snowy landscape and I really enjoyed the ride today.

Guy :helmet:

DeMolay --- he was the last Grand Master of the Templars - warrior monks of the crusades (red cross on white tunic). Back in France, he was burned at the stake by the Church and State and had all their money and lands (of the Templars) confiscated. Later turned into the Masons.... :)

Sorry to disappoint with another non-Guzzi pic but I had to do some breaking in on the HD.

Was 1 degree above freezing and where it was shady there was still snow and ice on the road but it was just cold and wet in the sunny bits.

It was fantastic to ride over the moors and see the snowy landscape and I really enjoyed the ride today.

Guy  :helmet:

68957[/snapback]

Nice bike Guy

But you will have to spend the rest of the winter polishing the chrome/cases now :whistle:

I was out Sunday with about 10 other friends/loonies but never made it home due to my battery expiring. Although it was supposedly 4 degrees (balmy for wales) it felt a damn site colder while waiting for the recovery truck.Here is a couple of pictures.

Cheers garydeadguzzi.jpgdeadguzzi2.jpg