The World's Fastest Indian

O2 V11

Since Burt Munro's story has been turned into a movie, Invercargill is now being touted as you guessed it, home of the world's fastest Indian. The record holding bike itself resides in E Hayes and Sons Hardware store in Invercargill's main street. The movie stars Anthony Hopkins who is being talked up as a possible Oscar nominee for his performance. The movie is based on the life of Burt Munro with the usual Hollywood twist of course, but the fact remains, this old man took a 1920 Indian Scout he had modified over the years from an original top speed of 55 mph to a top speed of 201 mph.

Here is a link to the W.F.I. site:

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com.au/main.html

Rob

Its called "The Worlds Fastest Indian" - imagine that!

See http://www.worldsfastestindian.com/

69018[/snapback]

I am definitely interested. I hope hollywood does not have too great a grip on this movie. We need to know that others can do well too (although Rollie Free has definitely set a mark that will take a real man to meet). This is a very interesting story that I wish to see more of!!

Since Burt Munro's story has been turned into a movie, Invercargill is now being  touted as you guessed it, home of the world's fastest Indian...

They had this bike on display at the Hansen Dam British Bike Rally a few weeks ago here in LA. I guess it was here because they've been shooting the movie here. Jedione68 or SoCalDon have photos of it, I believe. It's a truly remarkable machine right out of the 20's, with a few, er, special modifications. Can't wait to see the film

w

They had this bike on display at the Hansen Dam British Bike Rally a few weeks ago here in LA...

69054[/snapback]

Ah yes, here you are:

photo 1

Left to right, that's my son, Owen, yours truly, Jedione68, MG SPD Racer, and Triumph Jim looking on. Don't know who the chap is in the black shirt w/red stripes on the sleeves-- maybe Munro's grandson?

And here's the link to the split view:

photo 2

w

... This is a very interesting story that I wish to see more of!!

69052[/snapback]

It opens in LA and NY 12/9, and limited US release in Feb. of '06.

We should get some guys together locally to ride to it and see it.

w

s_indian.jpg :homer: thanks rob.i now know the truth.and i have the book to read..Burt Munro.legend of speed. now in all its naked glory.

Since Burt Munro's story has been turned into a movie, Invercargill is now being  touted as you guessed it, home of the world's fastest Indian. The record holding bike itself resides in E Hayes and Sons Hardware store in Invercargill's main street. The movie stars Anthony Hopkins who is being talked up as a possible Oscar nominee for his performance. The movie is based on the life of Burt Munro with the usual Hollywood twist of course, but the fact remains, this old man took a 1920 Indian Scout he had modified over the years from an original top speed of 55 mph to a top speed of 201 mph.

Here is a link to the W.F.I. site:

http://www.worldsfastestindian.com.au/main.html

Rob

69015[/snapback]

the_legends.jpg :bier: i gotta see this movie. an incredible story, a man and a motorcycle together for 57 years.not to mention all his other achievments with other m/cycles. ciao gazza.

s_indian.jpg :homer: thanks rob.i now know the truth.and i have the book to read..Burt Munro.legend of speed. now in all its naked glory.

69326[/snapback]

• 14 years later...