SCURA REGISTER

macguzzi

OK, I'm stumped.  I'm trying to find posts that reference my bike.  So, I'm searching for "599" (with and without quotes).  I keep getting no results ???    Help!

So, I see that #599 was registered on the Scura Registry in the USA prior to May, 2006, but also cannot find the specific post. There is a gap pf posts on the Scura Registry from Post#1 to Post#2 of five months while the number of registrants grew from 15 to 35. It is possible that those five months were lost in one of the forum updates (?) .

Do you know the username of the previous owner?

Here is a link to bbolesaz' Introduction post:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=487&p=215592

And a pic of the Scura (anyone know this bike?):

Scura599.jpg

OK, I'm stumped.  I'm trying to find posts that reference my bike.  So, I'm searching for "599" (with and without quotes).  I keep getting no results ???    Help!

The problem is with the search function of the forum.  If I type in "tire" it finds threads.  But if I type in "599" it finds none.  But I know that 599 shows up in this registry thread several times.  Why won't it find it?

I see that as well. I reposted the question on the Search Function thread. We'll see if the Admins confirm, but it doeas appear that the search does not see numerals.

Still hoping someone recognizes the bike itself and we can search previous owners or locations to learn more about this Scura . . .

Did find a post in this thread by Guzzistajohn claiming #599.  The post is from 4/24/2012 and the fellow is(was) apparently from Springfield, MO.  He only posted once and never posted again. On page 8 of this thread.  He had the bike for "three years or so" at the time of his posting.

Also, of course, have all of the info from the previous owner who sold me the bike.  He apparently purchased it from Guzzistajohn.

Since #599 showed up quickly on the registry, back to 2006, there must be another (ex) forum member who originally added it to the registry.

Hence, my search for the number 599.

• 1 month later...

Hi BBolesaz...I'm just back now visiting here on this side again since I was spending a little time on Wildguzzi, I see you're #599!  Good call on the Scuzi license plate as well!  Scuzzi...mi Scusi per mi Scuzi!!  

Guzzistajohn is also on WildGuzzi (great guy, I met him last year in Cedar Vale), have you tried PM'ing him?  If you and Scud are inclined to visit JJ and the boys in Cottonwood for the Arizona NAR and then boogie out to Kansas for the Cedar Vale NAR rally, we could host a mini Scura reunion!

Nice pic by the way...bike looks like it's in excellent shape indeed!

Cheers!

Paul

• 2 months later...

I purchased S563 new in Mexico City around 2005.

It now lives in Quebec, Canada with ~ 4 000 KM, all original.

"World" version,  not US compliant.

I have changed the transmission shifter spring (~ 1000KM) and the rear wheel spacer (~ 3000 KM) due to related problems.

Many thanks to the forum sponsors and members; great information and advice over the years

More info on Scura #599 from Guzzistajohn -

"I was actually the 3rd owner. I bought it from my step son who crashed it. That's how it got the silver valve covers and the non matte finish in the tail piece.

I replaced the rear brake lever, clutch lever, got some painting done, changed the covers, and SHAZAAAM! I had a bad ass bike!

I had it for a couple of years, it was fun but I sold it and got a LMIII (I like the Tonti's) 

Sometimes I do miss it, I have her picture on the wall of my office of her down by the Buffalo river in Arkansas.

No Brian, it didn't have Mistral and PC (I guess owner #4 added that)."

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...