SCURA REGISTER

macguzzi

Greetings All, S287 now lives in Madison, MS. Had some electrical glitches, but I've steadily whittled them down. I'm close to having her roadworthy again. For some reason I don't have front turn signals installed, (suggestions please), my oil pressure idiot light switch need replacing and I don't have a neutral light, but other than that I love it! I've ridden it close to home (away from the Highway Patrol). The torque is awesome, riding position relaxed (compared to my 1100 Sport) and the suspension seem almost like it floats over the ever present dips in our Mississippi roads. 

Welcome - sounds like you are enjoying it and getting ready to enjoy it more. You can buy stock turn signals from MG Cycle. There are endless aftermarket options.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 new entries in 2 months!  Welcome all.  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

@Bulkbiker:

• Is your Scura registered as a 2003? I thought they were all 2002s.
  • Noticed that you have a BMW K-bike. Me too. There seem to be a fair number of Guzzisti who appreciate the old bricks.
  • I predict the Scura will quickly become your favorite bike.    :bike:
  • Like 1

Hi Scud

Yes it is registered as July 2003 but could well have been sitting in a showroom for some months.. I haven't got all the paperwork yet but will have it next week so will do some more research.

Bought the K as a winter project but then also got the Le Mans 5 a couple of months later. It has been done up to be a 1000S look a like (mechanically the same of course) but its a bit too low and small for me so think you are right about the Scura becoming No1. Still not sure about the K, I quite fancy making a scrambler type of thing out of it but will never get the cash I would spend back on it so up for debate.   

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For all the Scura owners with original clutches, warning!

My went 2 weeks ago, without any indication, with only 27,000klm on the clock.

I'm in the process of fitting a standard V11 clutch, which I'm not really happy with as it weighs a ton in comparison to the single plate.

As a side issue, I really want to get a Tail tidy or at least a template to make one. Any suggestions?

Cheers 

• 2 weeks later...

You can get a standard LeMans flywheel and have it lightened. That's what mine has..

You're lucky it didn't explode . The history on the aluminum flywheel is interesting . It was never intended to last. It was a straight racing clutch and flywheel designed to last about 20,000 miles( a tad over 32,000km).

I bought mine with a lightened steel flywheel which weighs as much as the aluminum ( don't ask me how they did it but they did). I know they had some issues with the clutch(was switched to a standard sport clutch) later in the fix but now was done right with the proper Scura clutch .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know what the color code for the scura black paint is? Or some aftermarket color that would closely match it... I'm thinking of changing my scura back to a scura.. The custom paint by previous owner is done professionally but I've always been a fan of the original scura look.

That's a crazy question.. Piaggio doesn't have any color codes for anyou prior Piaggio Guzzis. Discovered this looking for paint for my LeMans. Best bet is a color match. IMO it looks like Hot Houghs black. Like hotrod black. The tail section IMO will be the pain. It's no normal grey. It's like they blended champagne in it.

I too will be painting my Scura to restore it.