• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ratchethack
1930s: Sears starts publishing its catalogue on less absorbent glossy paper

72185[/snapback]

Errrrr.....I get it! :not:

Hey Tex, speakin' of absorbent paper - ever use toilet paper rolls for oil filters on y'er big rig? :o

EDIT: Hey! We're a little slow here on the Left coast. It just didn't dawn on me that you could use the Sears Catalog for toilet paper until I asked the question above. I reckon we're not sophisticated enuf here to "get it" first thing. Ain't that what they call serendipity? ;)

I thought TX was talking about not making a mess when enjoying the lingerie ads  :thumbsup:

72192[/snapback]

I guess that would trap dust if you smeared it on a K&N....

Yeah, Alex - I'm sure it'd work fine.  It's just that I'm a tightwad on stuff like this.  It's probably a low-grade paraffin-based (or some such) light oil byproduct that has a very limited market and sells for a few dollars a barrel, since refiners never give anything away.  They tend to put lots of stuff like this in fancy bottles with name brands on 'em and sell it for $10 for 8-oz. bottle.  The bottles cost them a lot more than the cost of handling the material just to get rid of it.

Well , you don't have to worry about that, if it can do the job it's O.K.

It's only a couple of bucks there so if it works have it this way.

And do you want to her something more? that's the age we're living now, why? the same goes with the electronics and so on -concerning who's making the stuff, it's mostly one company who deos it for many, just switching stickers on the brand tab.

Do you want about materials? Let's take an example of a vital food ingredient.

Olive oil,99.999% of what's on the market it totally worthles the money, they're mixed with other substances and they sell it as Olive oil.And you know something

we're supposed to be eating this and not oiling engine parts.

And I can tell the difference because I kind of grew up producing Original olive stuff. But the age and laws has forced all small business or private olive oil producers to close down.

Not to mension other food as well but that's sth to worry about, so (at least for me) :2c: I'll save my worries about what I'll eat than the oil of the airfilter.

Don't worry about it ,ain't worth it.

Guest ratchethack
Don't worry about it ,ain't worth it.

Oh, I'm not worried about it in the slightest. But what would you say to extra, exxtra, exxxtra VIRGIN - only a "caress of the press" olive oil on an air filter? :rolleyes::grin:

But seriously, it's truly a shame about the demise of the "real" olive oil business. Just another example of "progress" killing off everything that once stood for real quality and made life as rich and rewarding as it once was....[sigh].

Now in the days of my youth, Tonti-framed Guzzi's were King...as Pete Roper will tell you - Now, THOSE were the days... -_-

Tonti-framed Guzzi's were King...as Pete Roper will tell you - Now, THOSE were the days... -_-

72292[/snapback]

Ah yes indeed.

I loved my old 750-S3.

A bloke with a ratty MV Agusta once said...

'Ah yes..... nice practice bike.'

Nemesis was very swift that day.....

Myself and two mates had to push start him! :grin:

Nige. B)

• 1 month later...

Hey Tex, speakin' of absorbent paper - ever use toilet paper rolls for oil filters on y'er big rig? :o

I missed that one RH. There were a couple of large fleets back in the early 80's that reported good results with 'em . At that time I was driving for a outfit that used Detroits, they leaked so much oil that I dont think they ever had to change the filters :grin:

Guest ratchethack

Heh, heh - now THAT'S a solution from 100 yrs back that could be worth re-visiting - the total loss oiler!

I had a car one time with a cooling system like that. Never had to change coolant! :thumbsup:

Not too environmentally friendly, though. Damned Eco-Nazi's - real spoil sports. :bbblll::grin:

Just kiddin', Dave! :lol:

What's that??

72165[/snapback]

Hmmmm, Rhino smegma, some folks call it "fromunda cheese" as it comes from under the foreskin. Its pretty hard stuff to get, you have to be real quick, much easier if the rhino is sleeping( latex medical gloves recommended), and wash your hands well before you eat afterwards........ :vomit::grin::o