"old" V11 sport frame

Guest Michel Terheggen

Look, here's the deal.

I am calling the UK distributor and getting a price for the V11 unit with the solo-duo valve.

If the price isn't too outrageous I shall order one up.

When and if I get it, I will put the pictures of the changeover up for the general delectation of members.

Then, and here is the best bit: To avoid accusations of "post purchase response" and bias if I think it handles well, I will make my bike available for testing by respected UK board members like Martin and Guzzirider so that an independent assessment of the air shock as applied to the V11 is available.

Good Nogworth The Unsullied,I honestly wouldn't.

I agree that in theory,they sound like wonderful devices,a panacea for all handling woes.

In reality,having known a few people with them,and having fitted a pair myself,I'd have to say that they'd be better used as a suppository for curing terminal diahorrea than holding up the back of a motorbike.

Having said that,it's your dough.If you get one,you'll need a compressor and get them to send one of their valve adaptors so's you can alter the pressure.I tried for ages to get an adaptor fitting and ended up machining a normal schrader valve to fit.Get a pressure guage too,so that you can check if it's leaking.They all seem to.

Good luck.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nogbad

Thankyou for holding me such high regard. But I think I'm only qualified to see how dirty a motorcycle can get. I can tell that my tyre pressures are a bit low normally when they get to about 20 psi and I'm detecting a weave in sweepers. Whilst I'm localish I'm not the man for the job unless its such an obvious improvement that I'd be bound to notice. GuzziBun is local and Baldini has a sensitive rear end but in darkest Wales.

But... But..... You're a POLICEMAN :notworthy: