''american imports''

g.forrest

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big fan of G.W. (Global Warming?) and correct me if I'm wrong, but his remark it isn't that stupid... f.i. Canada and Mexico are not "overseas"

(Sorry, it's just me being a wise*ss)

76367[/snapback]

You are correct, Jaap and Canada is America's biggest trading partner. I suppose President Bush's remark may simply mean what it says. China and India are competing very hard to outmanufacture each other so that could lead to more imports coming from overseas to America!!

I suppose Mr. Forrest could be forgiven coming from an island on the other side of the planet and all!! I reckon all that nice biking weather there distracts them from all the banalities of the rest of the world (d#^%@t!!)

Can't believe I am defending Bush, but this is from Snopes.com

"More and more of our imports come from overseas." (Although not all imports necessarily come from "overseas," when President Bush made this statement he was specifically referring to foreign oil imports, even though the two largest foreign suppliers of oil to the U.S. are the fellow North American countries of Canada and Mexico.)

So, is a decreasing percentage coming from Canada and Mexico? :huh2:

Snopes probably did not want to dig too deeply into that one.

Shall we start a Global Petroleum Conspiracy thread?

Estimates are we have about 30 years of oil from known reserves and the cost of finding new reserves or accessing those reserves is rising.

Iraq invaded Kuwait because Kuwait broke an agreement to fix prices, which cost Iraq Billions of dollars.

The subsequent invasions by the US to ensure US control of prices has been a very costly endeavour....ie. probably over a Trillion dollars if you add everything up.

The Venezuelan situation is fascinating, where the leader stands up for the poor, keeps prices high, faces US backed coups, and a media that portrays him as a monster.

GWB must really want to asassinate Chavez.

Even the global warming argument has divided sides in the Petro industry.

Exxon says burning petroleum will not increase the potential global warming problem.

BP and Shell, who make solar panels, say it is a concern.

Doesn't it seem responsible to humanity to let nations hold on to oil reserves and to increase use of petroleum alternatives.

My favorite bumper sticker reads;

"THERE IS A VILLAGE IN TEXAS MISSING AN IDIOT"

Can't wait till he's gone. :bbblll:

Here is a better one , go to Google.de or .com put the word failure on the search line and search the web, ...see what comes up first .... :lol: You see,? I think it is already confirmed. :grin::lol:

:drink:

Here is a better one , go to Google.de or .com put the word  failure  on the search line and search the web, ...see  what comes up first .... :lol: You see,? I think it is already confirmed. :grin:  :lol:

:drink:

76378[/snapback]

No wonder the Fed is after Google <_>

Hmmmmm....maybe Bush isn't the greatest speaker but in my humble opinion he is a great President, one who leads and makes the tough decisions reguardless of the critics.

Imports on the other hand can come from canada, mexico. central and south america and not be considered "overseas". You Bush haters are on thin ground, don't let your hate or CNN blind you.

Waspp

RICE in 08

Hmmmmm....maybe Bush isn't the greatest speaker but in my humble opinion he is a great President, one who leads and makes the tough decisions reguardless of the critics.

Imports on the other hand can come from canada, mexico. central and south america and not be considered "overseas". You Bush haters are on thin ground, don't let your hate or CNN blind you.

Waspp

RICE in  08

76385[/snapback]

Bush haters need someone to blame for all the world's problems. when the world is in another war, we Americans will be saving your sorry asses like we have countless times before.

Bush haters need someone to blame for all the world's problems.  when the world is in another war, we Americans will be saving your sorry asses like we have countless times before.

76386[/snapback]

Don't start talking about wars Dave. The US did save England in ww2, but would have sat on it's hands the whole time had they found out early about Pearl Harbour. Mellow out Dave, you are starting to sound like the proverbial. It doesn't look good. A humble American can automatically be considered my best friend. Some of my best friends are Americans. They are confidently, proudly and quitely humble about their nationality. It looks very good on them.

We all know that it sucks to be the world's policeman, but because you have the ability, and the wish, you should realize that not everyone likes the tough guy on the block.

As a close neighbour to the USA, I can say I am very glad and lucky we are one of your allies. If not for you guys, I believe that there's every chance I'd be speaking Russian right now, and forced to eat raw pork! :D

As far as the oil issue and imports, the middle east and Venesuala will be soon small players in the oil trade. The province of Alberta will soon supply 90% of the US oil needs, with reserves for over 100 yrs! B.C. and Alberta will supply 100% of the US natural gas for the next 250yrs. Alberta probably will not have a crackpot murdering dictator like Chaves,Hussien, etc, or desire to make the worlds biggest gun to fire warheads into Montana or Utah, will desire not to artifically alter prices, threaten to cut off supplies, and will even continue to employ Americans in the promised land of immense profit. Yup, good ol' Alberta.

Wait till Lake Shasta is totally dry, we're waiting for that knock on our door from Los Angeles to start buying our pure clear B.C. water. No problem buddies!

Ciao, Steve G.

I don't like bush, I don't like France and sometimes I don't like most of the US but I still live here and don't plan to leave so I zip my lip and keep my head down. It is quite amazing how much the rest of the world hates GW and he still won? I must add if the democrates would have had a half decent canidate they would have won in a landslide kerry was a slighty smoother talkin bush but a smidge uglier, plain and simple, I wish clinton was back in office that man was dashite.

at least we haven't started electing people that don't know what they're doing just because they're popular.

jesse_ventura_boa.jpg300px-Arnold-flexing.jpg_1106165_ronald.jpgbono_s.gif7038a.jpg

the US saved the world in ww11, not just GB. the Japanese were already in china and moving toward russia. Germany was in France (again) The US was the biggest supplier of food and weapons to the Brits, Scots, and Russians. Japan attacked on dec7, The US declared war on the 8 on Japan, and Germany on I believe the 11th. The US would be in the war regardless of Japan, just at a later date. I read this site to talk about motorcycles, but some jackass always has to post some bullshit about our president. I don't read too many post about the idiot leaders of their countries such as Jerry Adams (terrorist) and Chirac and there is just as much to say about them. UN leaders with their hands in the till so deep it makes some of are politcians look like choir boys. And I don't start threads with some other countries leaders on them. Canada is a good neighbor, But if our country had the same military strength as Canada...we would both be speaking spanish. (probably will soon anyways in CA)

the US saved the world in ww11, not just GB. the Japanese were already in china and moving toward russia. Germany was in France (again) The US was the biggest supplier of food and weapons to the Brits, Scots, and Russians. Japan attacked on dec7, The US declared war on the 8 on Japan, and Germany on I believe the 11th. The US would be in the war regardless of Japan, just at a later date. I read this site to talk about motorcycles, but some jackass always has to post some bullshit about our president. I don't read too many post about the idiot leaders of their countries such as Jerry Adams (terrorist) and Chirac and there is just as much to say about them. UN leaders with their hands in the till so deep it makes some of are politcians look like choir boys. And I don't start threads with some other countries leaders on them. Canada is a good neighbor, But if our country had the same military strength as Canada...we would both be speaking spanish. (probably will soon anyways in CA)

76418[/snapback]

I'll agree with you on all points Dave!

Ciao, Steve G.