''DONT MENTION THE WAR''

g.forrest

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno war isn't always so bad, sometimes its good to "thin out the numbers" so to speak. I only wish the ones going into war weren't more often than not the more noble aspect of society, why can't we round up all the lobbyist, DMV employees, used car saleman, "got the world figured out" college students or all those ppl that talk on their cell phones while drving but obviously can't handle it. put some guns in thier hands send'em to the front of the line. :huh2:

sounded like a good idea in the hitchikers guide. :bier:

inade.jpg

I only wish the ones going into war weren't more often than not the more noble aspect of society, inade.jpg

76981[/snapback]

Looks like Prince Harry may soon find himself in the hot zone. It seems that it is the Americans who only send their poor and downtrodden off to die for the rich and powerful.

How many senators have sent their children, or even a distant family member off to Iraq?

Don't get me wrong... I support the boys and girls over in Iraq and hope they get out safely and soon. I have NO support or respect for the people who sent them in the first place.

Rj

Why are Americans obsessed with war, violence and killing. Chill out guys and ride a twisty road. You've all been watching too many shit films. If King Kong had been made in Europe, the Gorilla would have escaped.

Looks like Prince Harry may soon find himself in the hot zone.  It seems that it is the Americans who only send their poor and downtrodden off to die for the rich and powerful.

How many senators have sent their children, or even a distant family member off to Iraq?

Don't get me wrong... I support the boys and girls over in Iraq and hope they get out safely and soon.  I have NO support or respect for the people who sent them in the first place.

Rj

76984[/snapback]

I dunno about that, the army is still a volunteer effort. no one is forced to join. at least not in awhile. but politicians suck I'll agree with you there. Its not just america we're just center stage right now.

Well, it pays the bill, and it pays for school for us poor and downtrodden :P Best part of all it pays for the bikes and a trip around the world. :bike: It'll be paying for my "Around America" trip this summer. :D

It's not all bad.

Z

That's a well cool parrot, but why has it got its toe in its ear?

Whatever, I think there's a certain inevitability about the direction of this thread. However, if we all resist the temptation to post on it, it might just die on its own.

76969[/snapback]

Simple solution. Give Ratchet and dlaing their own forum just to argue in.

But it is relevant.

Just as 60,000 Dutch may have joined the Nazis, I think it is relevant to understand why.

I often ask Germans what they thought of Hitler's Naziism, the death camps, etc., and I generally get a brief, inconclusive answer, like, that was my grandfather's generation, period.

But I want to know if people knew about the Holocaust death camps.

Not to disrespect for making such a horrible mistake, but I think we have to realize that it could happen again.

Today we know that the US government uses torture and illegal wiretaps and bombs cities killing thousands of "innocents", but these actions are still justified by GWB's SLOWLY dwindling supporters.

They believe the ends justifies the means, and for all I know, I could be wrong and Saddam was a year away from nuking Israel. I think it is highly unlikely, but being a relativist, I understand that there are elements of Truth tha support that paranoia.

I always felt if I was in Nazi Germany, I would have rebelled against the Nazis and tried to liberate the death camps.

But here I sit in the good olde USA, ashamed of some of our actions, impotent to stop the actions.

The Nazis killed many million in death camps.

The US has only killed a handful, presumably by over-zealous guards.

How many more innocent Arabs being locked away and killed will it take rise up against this shameful behaviour?

And in Europe, there is a rise in anti-semitism...no incarcerations, and few if any murders, but it is alive.

The UK has also not been innocent in there methodology in the war against the oil holding countries.

76954[/snapback]

You've got to be kidding! Stop subscribing to Hillary Clintons newsletter, shes force feeding you lies. The US does not condone torture nor practice it, nor does it illeagally wire tap peoples phones. NSA snooping has been going on for a long time (recently increased in the Clinton administration) tracking incoming calls and info from KNOWN terrorist around the world, its called keeping America safe and has been successful in stopping other attacks. Yes war brings death and destruction but what is the cost of waiting for a tyrant to gain strength and contine speading his murder and terror thoughout the world? Lessons from history tell of times when good men waited or did nothing and evil prospered. The ideology of the terrorist who commited the attacks of 911 is alive and well and must be confronted. If you remember GW said this was laong hard difficult war lasting many years, and establishing a democracy in the middle east is a right step... give people freedom and you give them hope, something to live for.

waspp

Gotta go with waspp here.

And, Dave Laing, WTF are you doing spelling "behavior" like our 'cross the pond friends?

In the words of PJ O'Rourke,k "Give War a Chance..."

Sheez...

You've got to be kidding! Stop subscribing to Hillary Clintons newsletter, shes force feeding you lies. The US does not condone torture nor practice it, nor does it illeagally wire tap peoples phones. NSA snooping has been going on for a long time (recently increased in the Clinton administration) tracking incoming calls and info from KNOWN terrorist around the world, its called keeping America safe and has been successful in stopping other attacks. Yes war brings death and destruction but what is the cost of waiting for a tyrant to gain strength and contine speading his murder and terror thoughout the world? Lessons from history tell of times when good men waited or did nothing and evil prospered. The ideology of the terrorist who commited the attacks of 911 is alive and well and must be confronted. If you remember GW said this was laong hard difficult war lasting many years, and establishing a democracy in the middle east is a right step... give people freedom and you give them hope, something to live for.

waspp

77004[/snapback]

OH FOR SH*TS SAKE, NOT AGAIN !!!

ls it just me or do l sense that this crap is being started by someone with nothing better to do?? and by someone who has the best bloody ridding weather as well!!!! :bbblll: (yes, l'm still jealous)l don't get it at all, :huh2:

we've just come off of 36 days straight rain and shite weather up here in the Pacific N.W. and we've got more coming and once again a thread gets started (and promptly droped by Forest over in Aus.) that sends everyone in a tizzy :wacko:..........Are forest and BFG :ninja: the one and same??

Right on bro about rachet and dling, they should have thier own forms to slug it out on, although these things DO get to be fun when l read some of the lighter stuff thrown in........like the Parrot, or .............whatever..

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Today we know that the US government uses torture and illegal wiretaps and bombs cities killing thousands of "innocents'

well name a country that doesn't and I will give you 1 gold bar for each. mind you they have to be placed in a similar situation. would you rather be in a US army prison or an Iraqie prison?

how do you get someone to tell you something they don't want you to know

will you tell me now?

no!

will you tell me now please?

No!

what about now come on,

DAMN three times, alright I will tell you...

mustafa.jpg

when it comes to national security no country cares what your rights are they'll bend or break'em if it saves one insignifcant life and thats the ways I likes it.

[thanks frenchbob. no i don't still have. it fell victim to my desire for a cb750 honda and was traded. 1970 tr6r in spring gold [greeny gold colour] with black centre stripe and gold pinstriping. alovey bike of the time. my first new bike. cheers.quote=Frenchbob,Feb 2 2006, 11:53 PM]

But you had to, once more.....! [i did it once, but I think I got away with it....]

To change the subject, have you still got the T100/Daytona [whichever it is] in the sepia photo on your info page? I had a 1970 Daytona until 2000 and loved it. Boy, did it go, but the motor always felt like a grenade waiting to go off, at speed.

Happy birthday, by the way!

76926[/snapback]

:huh2: but i can't ride today as i'm toooo sick. and it's those damn scotts fault and there patients of waiting all those years before bottling there devil water. :D

OH FOR SH*TS SAKE, NOT AGAIN !!!

ls it just me or do l sense that this crap is being started by someone with nothing better to do?? and by someone who has the best bloody ridding weather as well!!!! :bbblll: (yes, l'm still jealous)l don't get it at all, :huh2: 

we've just come off of 36 days straight rain and shite weather up here in the Pacific N.W. and we've got more coming and once again a thread gets started (and promptly droped by Forest over in Aus.) that sends everyone in a tizzy :wacko:..........Are forest and BFG  :ninja: the one and same??

Right on bro about rachet and dling, they should have thier own forms to slug it out on, although these things DO get to be fun when l read some of the lighter stuff thrown in........like the Parrot, or .............whatever..

:bier:

Cheers

Van

77008[/snapback]