War..... fastest indian

tomsp

haven't seen it yet, BUT I really want to, is it any good? don't give anything away in telling me if its any good, I'll hunt you down I swear to relativistism.

it has in no way been edited by me.

Edited by DeBenGuzzi

I'm gonna take the redhead to see it during the Super Bowl as neither of us give a tick about the game.

So far, it's getting slammed in the reviews as schmaltzy and sentimental. Wouldn't it be just GREAT if I were the one rolling my eyes back into my head while the super-sensitive, uber-liberal woman got into it? Perish the thought...

It opens today in ATL...

I'm gonna take the redhead to see it during the Super Bowl as neither of us give a tick about the game.

So far, it's getting slammed in the reviews as schmaltzy and sentimental.  Wouldn't it be just GREAT if I were the one rolling my eyes back into my head while the super-sensitive, uber-liberal woman got into it?  Perish the thought...

It opens today in ATL...

77079[/snapback]

Go on, you might enjoy it. Give your sensitive side a chance.....

that's a great WEB site not scooter scura! Truth is... I've only read about the movie and seen clips myself. Plan on going tomorrow in Jackson! But I already know it'll be an esoteric hit.

So far, it's getting slammed in the reviews as schmaltzy and sentimental.  Wouldn't it be just GREAT if I were the one rolling my eyes back into my head while the super-sensitive, uber-liberal woman got into it?  Perish the thought...

It opens today in ATL...

77079[/snapback]

Um... no slams that I've seen. In fact, the only comparison to your "schmaltzy & sentimental" comment is that it's the first 100% universal motorcycle movie. You know, as in "Urinals are 50% universal. Everyone knows what they are, but we men, we gotta work'em!" In this case, you can expect to take a non-motorcyclist to see it & not hear any complaints [unlike a movie about, say, the 1986 Gran Prix season, which to non-motorcyclists & even many motorcyclists would be akin to being dragged back to their high school biology lecture "... & the cell undergoes meiosis blah blah..." ;-) ]

The only reviews I've seen about this have been very positive, to the tune of "if you ride a motorcycle, you absolutely, positively cannot miss this movie!"

Heck, I'm always up to see Sir Anthony Hopkins chewing on the scenery, even when he's forced to drag a 200# dumbell around on the set with him[1]...

Ride on!

:bike:

[1] Obligatory Baldwin bros. reference :grin:

Um... no slams that I've seen. In fact, the only comparison to your "schmaltzy & sentimental" comment is that it's the first 100% universal motorcycle movie. You know, as in "Urinals are 50% universal. Everyone knows what they are, but we men, we gotta work'em!" In this case, you can expect to take a non-motorcyclist to see it & not hear any complaints [unlike a movie about, say, the 1986 Gran Prix season, which to non-motorcyclists & even many motorcyclists would be akin to being dragged back to their high school biology lecture "... & the cell undergoes meiosis blah blah..." ;-) ]

The only reviews I've seen about this have been very positive, to the tune of "if you ride a motorcycle, you absolutely, positively cannot miss this movie!"

Heck, I'm always up to see Sir Anthony Hopkins chewing on the scenery, even when he's forced to drag a 200# dumbell around on the set with him[1]...

Ride on!

:bike:

[1] Obligatory Baldwin bros. reference  :grin:

77268[/snapback]

Have a look...

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/...-player=unknown

Bloody awesome movie people....... well I can relate to it more so, than the most of you guys as Invercargill (Munro's home town) is 5hrs ride from here.

There is a lot of real kiwi humour in the movie, bloody funny as hell. Ya have to check it out if not cos a 62yr old Kiwi kicked US arse but the fact he built the bike up from a 1920's Scout.... modified it in his shed with very little tools, he made pistons from scratch and conrods from bulldozer tracks..... the bike was capable of 200+mph... my V11 can only scratch 230kph and Burt did this before I was born.

I had the privilege of seeing and hearing the replica bike (built to the same specs) drag race Aussies fastest Indian (a 4 valve head) man...... the sound brought tears to my eyes...... see the movie.

PS: I'll put some pics up tomorow when I'm at home, in the meantime you can view the bike here http://community.webshots.com/album/296325135CUQmiB

• Like 1