War..... fastest indian

tomsp

Guest western dh

Saw the movie yesterday - well worth it: funny, sentimental, motivating....in fact it almost counts as a chick flick so take your better half! While I'm no Kiwi, I could tell Hopkins was absolutely having a blast with the dialect & humour & thought his performance was great.

Cheers

Derek

yeah but how do I convince the lil woman to go with to take a look??? she doesn't care one bit about moto cicles unless she's on the back and doesn't like the back of the gootsie. :huh2: the only bike she's ever told me she likes is the GS1200 maybe thats whats swaying my opion as late cause I was thinking tuono/S.Duke/XB kinda bike. god wimmin. :homer:

I couldn't get her to watch the motorcycle diaries with me, and that was somewhat misleading. they didn't have the bike for long. :luigi:

Bloody awesome movie people....... well I can relate to it more so than the most of you guys as Invercargill (Munro's home town) is 5hrs ride from here.

There is a lot of real kiwi humour in the movie, bloody funny as hell. Ya have to check it out if not cos a 62yr old Kiwi kicked US arse but the fact he built the bike up from a 1920's Scout.... modified it in his shed with very little tools, he made pistons from scratch and conrods from bulldozer tracks..... the bike was capable of 200+mph... my V11 can only scratch 230kph and Burt did this before I was born.

I had the privilege of seeing and hearing the replica bike (built to the same specs) drag race Aussies fastest Indian (a 4 valve head) man...... the sound brought tears to my eyes...... see the movie.

PS: I'll put some pics up tomorow when I'm at home, in the meantime you can view the bike here http://community.webshots.com/album/296325135CUQmiB

77332[/snapback]

Speaking of movies, does anyone know if there will be another "Faster" based on the 2005 MotoGP season. I still enjoy the first one but it would be nice to start a collection.

Cheers

Guest western dh
yeah but how do I convince the lil woman to go with to take a look??? she doesn't care one bit about moto cicles unless she's on the back and doesn't like the back of the gootsie.  :huh2: the only bike she's ever told me she likes is the GS1200 maybe thats whats swaying my opion as late cause I was thinking tuono/S.Duke/XB kinda bike. god wimmin.  :homer:

I couldn't get her to watch the motorcycle diaries with me, and that was somewhat misleading. they didn't have the bike for long.  :luigi:

77449[/snapback]

Easy, tell her Brad Pitt makes a cameo appearance!

speaking of winding roads next 77 miles - that pic of the month is awesome! Washington touring anyone?

simply tell her "this is a chick flick" and "it also has some motorcyles"....

ditto on "instant classic"

Was in LA yesterday and managed to sneak away and see it.

Horribly disappointed. Overly-long, predictable, cheesy, formulaic.

2 out of 10 stars. Wait for the DVD -- and then drink heavily!

Sorry __ I really wanted to like it, but... :vomit:

This is a good movie if you don't expect too many obvious thrills and can allow yourself to commune with your weepy side. The scenes of the shed mechanic brewing his own pistons and the Indian at speed on the salt flats alone are worth the price of admission. It is more of a road picture really (think Easy Rider on nitro heart tabs) with quirky characters and Anthony Hopkins winning you over with a great performance. Yes its a little cheesy but don't let that stop you from seeing it.

Kaput

Unfortunately Hollywood is cranking movies for an audience in the 9-14y/o bracket... the only ones who don't mind (yet) wasting their time and money...and/or don't know any better....

everything, i mean everything produced by a corporate studio is shit!

then again...i remember thinking 'Top Gun' being the best movie ever! :rolleyes:

Maverick05.jpg

Guest citimoto

I watched Lemans last night and hadnt seen it in years. My wife thought it was boring as hell and I forgot how little dialogue was actually in the film. watching the start when there is complete silence save for heart beats and then switching into the scream of revving porsches (now in surround) still makes me feel funny.

I watched Lemans last night and hadnt seen it in years.

78843[/snapback]

I just bought it on DVD a few weeks ago. Sounds absolutely fantastic on the surround!!! No dialog or story really, just cars going fast, and wicked ones nonetheless!

Between this one and Rendezvous, I'm going to have to get one of those big ass TV's now...

Wish I had a child I could sell...

Rj

Unfortunately Hollywood is cranking movies for an audience in the 9-14y/o bracket... the only ones who don't mind (yet) wasting their time and money...and/or don't know any better....

everything, i mean everything produced by a corporate studio is shit!

then again...i remember thinking 'Top Gun' being the best movie ever! :rolleyes:

Maverick05.jpg

78837[/snapback]

or days of thunder, PSH what was I thinking. :homer:

Was in LA yesterday and managed to sneak away and see it.

Horribly disappointed. Overly-long, predictable, cheesy, formulaic.

2 out of 10 stars.  Wait for the DVD -- and then drink heavily!

Sorry __ I really wanted to like it, but... :vomit:

78812[/snapback]

Well it dosent suprise me that a few of you yank types dident like the movie that much.....

1st of all its done in kiwi humour, without any offence ment some of you guys just wont get it.... hell down south were the movie was based even me being in the same island thinks that them down ther are all related and thick as a brick shit house, but they have a very simple way at looking at things.... this is what Bert Munro did... hell how many of you at 60+yrs could make a piston from scrap and a conrod from a bull dozer track with next to no tooling and in the room that he slept.... and make the fuking thing beat a record that isent broken today.

2nd..... well a old bastard kiwi chap used a well built yank bike and made it do what no american could do.... he kicked ya arse and for some people thats hard to swollow.... just like the fact that a kiwi nutter by the name of Price beat the Write brothers to flight..... but Price did it in his back yard were SFA could see it, and it was not docomented so the world thinks that the USA was 1st to do the old powered flight thing..... sorry guys :bier: