'' what did you do in the war daddy''

g.forrest

:D just back from another top ride. left early sat morn over the mountain to the tablelands 400+ km ride to the vietnam vets [n.s.w branch] annual show and shine.4 bands exotic dancers hundreds of harleys and all that jazz. but with a lot of these type of things it's very much the journey,and not so much the destination. i didn't want a tatoo or a leather vest or maltese cross mirrors or leather tassles for my bar ends. but it was a destination and a reason for a ride. morris sod did the ride with me on his rosso. and we had great fun passing the harley dudes through the twisties on the return journey. though one repassed us when we hit the straights whilst we were doing 140k. soon rounded him up and showed him his 1500 screaming eagle can't out accelerate the raptor and passed him doing 200k no worries. a great ride and good weather. somtimes a little hot though :D . so at the momment at least the answer is . yeah its the ride ,and not so much the destination. :mg: ps and now i'm up for two new tyres. :bier:

:D just back from another top ride. left early sat morn over the mountain to the tablelands 400+ km ride to the vietnam vets [n.s.w branch] annual show and shine.4 bands exotic dancers hundreds of harleys and all that jazz. but with a lot of these type of things it's very much the journey,and not so much the destination. i didn't want a tatoo or a leather vest or maltese cross mirrors or leather tassles for my bar ends. but it was a destination and a reason for a ride. morris sod did the ride with me on his rosso. and we had great fun passing the harley dudes through the twisties on the return journey. though one repassed us when we hit the straights whilst we were doing 140k. soon rounded him up and showed him his 1500 screaming eagle can't out accelerate the raptor and passed him doing 200k no worries. a great ride and good weather. somtimes a little hot though :D . so at the momment at least the answer is . yeah its the ride ,and not so much the destination. :mg: ps and now i'm up for two new tyres. :bier:

77339[/snapback]

It's only the rarest of occasions when the destination excedes the ride. Lets just say it complements the ride.

Of course it's always a bonus when you can put the Screamin' Eaglets back in their place. What is it with these guys? Do they equate noise output directly with power output? If that's the case, a ZX10 should have 25hp.

Ciao, Steve G.

It IS the noise, the accessories AND the destination for these guys.

That's why the spend so much on the Hardly Abelson clothing and those off the shelf "accessories" put them on and load them up on the custom trailer and off they go to do burn outs.

It's the one true way to manhood. :grin:

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

:2c: Yeah I was quite amazed to see a mob of Gladiators wheel their extreme apehangered, flexy forked flyers into camp that g.foorrest speaks of. Its all noise, machismo posing and group intimidation, however to see these same "individuals" a few minutes later sans cycle as they head to the beer tent reveals a lesser and more insignificant beast even with the tassles tats and goatees.

Their main problem these days is that their preferred marque of a ride has been diluted significantly through extremely successful marketing wherby any of those who had ever harboured dreams of being a rebel to society can now with copius quantities of cash, almost assume that dream, somehow they always (in my view ) seem to fall a bit short and generally parade as pathetic wannabes.

To this end I was pleased that an italian stallion could successfully round up the pack and put it where it should be, ie behind real motorcycles, ones that go handle and produce a truly soulful experience. :P:

the sod

Overtake a Harley?? Pah! That's nothing!

I thrashed past a Royal Enfield 350, a milk float, a stationary road sign and a guy on a pushbike! And I managed to get through the twisties faster than an oil tanker!

And they were trying.

I was very pleased with myself!!

Now I am going out again hunting for electric wheelchairs.

Nobody messes with Guzzi power.

Guy :P