April 22nd Return to Parkfield Lunch Meet

Tom,

Man, I am really sorry you are selling your Ducati.

I was worried about the low riding position also. Kind of weird having all the fractures and then when they were healed other problems occur. It started with my right elbow and wrist, I couldn't do anything with out pain. I could barely pick up a glass with my right arm. Then to make things worst, a golf ball size lump appeared on my left elbow by my road rash scar. Two months later, the lump disappeared as fast as it came. Now my right arm feels pretty good and I can now even do push ups with out pain.

The pelvis thing is different, I can walk for miles, but standing stationary kills me. Just got to keep moving.

Mike

ah, the old ulnar nerve!  I totally banged my right elbow over two months ago.  The nerve swelled and doing any kind of work with that right arm just killed me.  Of course, I didn't leave well enough, and due to all the physical therapy I've had a my life I thought I just work through it.  Wrongo-bongo.  Me working through it  just kept on aggravating it. Worst of all I absolutely cannot ride my new Ducati super sport without tears come into my eyes within five minutes.  Right now I have that bike up for sale and a guy is coming from Phoenix on Saturday to look at it.  I don't want to keep that bike sitting in my garage for the next six months while my arm heals.  I need to buy a centauro!  Easier on my arm.

How's your recovery Mike? (This is pretty cool however as I'm using NaturallySpeaking for most all of my computer work!  Like right now)- I know, guztim thinks I need a virtual motorcycle too! :P

85692[/snapback]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a 4 bike on/off road shoot out in this months Cycleworld. The BMW, KTM, Honda 650, Huskey 610. Humm.

Mike

Mike.. if you're thinking motard, maybe you should check out the Hp2 or whatever that BMW dirt bike is..  I saw one the other day, gave the rider the thumbs up, and he promptly wheelied through the intersection..  The world needs more 1200cc motards.

85693[/snapback]

Glad to here you guys are coming. I'm expecting a better turnout than last year. sound like a fair number of so cal folks will be there. I sure hope it doesn't rain that weekend, but I'll do it regardless. It seems that I've been out of town or had commitments just about every nice weekend this winter and I'm really itching for a decent day to ride.

If you've only been down here in summer or fall, you're really in for a treat. Green hills are much nicer to look at than brown ones.

Tom, Hope your nerve thing heals up. make sure you've got some tread before making the trip.

And don't worry about what you're riding. I've never seen anyone unwelcome at a Guzzi event, no matter what they rode.

58 is indeed a fine road but beware of the decreasing radius turns. They are in abundance on the east side of that road. Dropped my bike there coming back from the San Diego Rally in 04. Mostly cuz I was riding all day (trying to go from LA to Hollister without Freeway) and not focusing on the task at hand.

Very nice deserted road. Soda Lake Rd is also supposed to be good.

Guest SoCalDon

For those on the pilgrimage from Southern Cal or points east the last chance gas stop is 46 & 33. Otherwise ride all the way to Paso Robles.

I would just add -- again -- like Mark -- 58 is stunning :D

Mark - I've got a possible buyer coming in from Phoenix on Sunday for the Duc - but he might not show, etc., and I'm trying to get a centauro in the meantime... barring that I think I can get a "loaner" from a friend!

This is a good ride people.

I'm willing to meet up for the ride to Hollister. Last year I went early to have breakfast there in Hollister. I'm about 45 minutes from Hollister if any would like to meet around San Jo. for breakfast.

-Hal

Tim and Hal,

I am up for having breakfast before going to Hollister. I don't know San Jose very well, if you know of a place that is easy to get to, that would be great.

Is everyone from Northern California just doing a day trip? Some of the guys from Southern Cali and staying over night in Paso Robles.

Let me know,

Mike

I'm willing to meet up for the ride to Hollister. Last year I went early  to have breakfast there in Hollister. I'm about 45 minutes from Hollister if any would like to meet around San Jo. for breakfast.

-Hal

86107[/snapback]

We played ditch the Aprilia :P

Well, it is better to be early than late :drink:

Where do you want to meet next Saturday? (the 22nd)

Mike

where were you guys?  I was at the starbucks but no one else showed up !

86169[/snapback]