Guzzi Parts not!

Nicholr

Hi yall,

From my wanderings thru the various forum inputs I suspect that mine is probably not a new subject but as I am new to Guzzi it is a topic that I am really disappointed about. I am working at putting my new 2002 V-11 Le Mans back on the road. I bought the little darling with crash damage included. Thru several club members and Reboot I have happily been able to get some of the small parts I needed. On the down side I have been trying since last year to get parts from the factory (USA). Although my dealer is a box store representative of the marque I honestly believe that the fault is not his. Anytime I go in for a bit the part must be referenced on a micro fiche (yikes) and then faxed to Guzzi for pricing and availability. I started this resto last October and at that time the reply process took about 3 weeks. In November I completed the process for a faring and faring inner structure which I ordered and paid for. Since that time I have heard nada. The midly berrated young dealer parts guy says that seemingly the US parts warehouse has gone 'walkabout'. It's a good thing these guys don't sell insulin. What gives? Anyone heard a timeline for resumption of trade? Is there a way to go direct to Italy for parts? Any suggestions for an alternate OE parts source would be much appreciated.

nicholr :luigi:

nichor,

I share your frustration! I am putting together a crashed 03 and finally gave up on factory Guzzi parts. I have managed to just about complete my project with used parts, some cleaver rebuilding of existing pieces and aftermarket. Keep checking ebay, this forums classified section and other Guzzi classifieds. Some dealers that have been the most encouraging are Moto International and MPH cycles. Supposedly parts are ain flowing from the factory but at asnails pace.

waspp

As I warned you all some time ago that Guzzi had got rid of all Tonti and V11 spares and nobody took any notice in fact ridicule was the order of the day. Guzzi Disaster was it's title. Most parts were sold to a dealer in Germany look for his stuff on ebay, it's cheaper than Guzzi anyway

If you havn't already found out there is a new Guzzi dealer in Calgary. Revoluzione, the Ducati and Aprilia dealer is now a Guzzi dealer as well. I can not say how much better they will be but when I spoke to them at the Vancouver bike show they were very enthusiastic about Guzzi's.

Wait until Steve G see that you have a Jota.

If you havn't already found out there is a new Guzzi dealer in Calgary. Revoluzione, the Ducati and Aprilia dealer is now a Guzzi dealer as well. I can not say how much better they will be but when I spoke to them at the Vancouver bike show they were very enthusiastic about Guzzi's.

Wait until Steve G see that you have a Jota.

78422[/snapback]

Hi Jim, golly your right. And here the records show only 6 Jota's in Canada. I'll just throw my list in the garbage.

Isn't there word that Moto Guzzi in Canada will no longer have to go through the stupid parts wholesale system through the states first? I heard there is a new Canadian import structure based on Piaggio's plan, based out of the Maritimes.

I think that the future bodes well for the Moto Guzzi owner in Canada, but right now it's a joke, even worse off than our feiends in the US. So, if as it sounds, time is an issue [ and it would be with me, spring is close] there are two avenues that will help. Agostini's in Mandello, and Teo Lamers. Probably the best two for parts availabilityin the world.

Ciao, Steve G.

I spoke a gentleman at the Piaggio booth at the bike show and he told me that Piaggio will be based out of Toronto with a separate warehouse for Aprilia, Guzzi and scooters (although all connected). They want to have a strong parts supply and to have a system whereby even a Piaggio/Vespa/Aprilia dealer will have access to Guzzi parts and vice versa. It all sounds great if it works. I have his business card (he's a vice president) so I'll be hounding him to keep his word. I'm going to send him a link to this forum so he can see how we see things.

Hope that Jota/Guzzi guy comes west so we can check out his bikes!!

.....I heard there is a new Canadian import structure based on Piaggio's plan, based out of the Maritimes.

So you're telling me that a bunch of Newfie's are going to distribute Italian bike parts???? This ought to be interesting.........