Naked V11 Lemans

Guest atl.guzzirider

Guest atl.guzzirider

I have got a 2002 champaign lemans that I want to run w/out the faring.......Has anyone done this? If so which parts did you use for the headlight mounts and headlight? I could get the stuff from guzzi, but it would cost a fortune.

Walt Bowen

Guest SFGUZZI
I have got a 2002 champaign lemans that I want to run w/out the faring.......Has anyone done this?  If so which parts did you use for the headlight mounts and headlight?  I could get the stuff from guzzi, but it would cost a fortune.

Walt Bowen

79636[/snapback]

Walt...

I dont know what parts are needed but please contact me if you are interested in selling your body work for the lemans, i have a naked v11 and want to convert to Lemans body work...

Who knows maybe we could trade..interested...??

Thanks

SF

Guest atl.guzzirider

Thanks for the interest and the info. guys, I really want to hold on to the fairing as I may decide to put it back on or at least in the winter. My current plan is to order the brackets from guzzi and from what I have seen the buell cyclone headlight is the same part #'s for 1/3 the price. Hopefully I'm right on the latter if not......may try to find a used guzzi light.

Thanks,

Walt Bowen

02 champaign lemans

• 3 weeks later...
Guest atl.guzzirider

Jaap,

I've got the mounts on order but am trying to get around using the guzzi headlight due to the cost. Did you go w/the guzzi light or other?.....I'm looking at a buell light which is supposed to be very close if not the same.

Thanks.

Walt Bowen

Guest countersteer

I've been using the Buell Cyclone headlight and mount for the past four years, removing the LM fairing for summer riding. I leave the Buell headlight mounts on full time, but rotate them to the side to clear the fairing mount when the front end turns. The Buell mounts have ears for a little flyscreen from Buell, but I cut those off. I also ordered the MG headlight harness and spliced it into the Buell headlight so the unit is a quick plugin. I mount Buell turn signals to the Buell light mounts. I'm also running a Flanders Touring GT handlebar, which is a superbike bend but with about 1.5" more pullback to clear the LM fairing. Yamaha Virago ('83?) risers painted black with just enough rise to clear the fork adjusters provides about a 3" rise from the MG clipons. The stock clutch and brakes hoses work, but I had to run the clutch hose above the spine. You can see it next to the crank vent fitting in front of the tank. Takes me about an hour or so to switch setups. The Buell headlight mounts were only about $17 apiece. The headlight was about $250. The turn sigs are $6.00. Suzuki SV1000 barend weights make a big difference, reducing bar vibration by at least 50% over the stock setup.

My current plan is to order the brackets from guzzi and from what I have seen the buell cyclone headlight is the same part #'s for 1/3 the price.  Hopefully I'm right on the latter if not......may try to find a used guzzi light.

Thanks,

Walt Bowen

02 champaign lemans

79709[/snapback]

• 1 month later...
I've been using the Buell Cyclone headlight and mount for the past four years, removing the LM fairing for summer riding. . . .

82005[/snapback]

If you're still around CS, could you post a pic of what your bike looks like with the Buell setup? thanks :bier: