'00 v11 sport or '03 v11 sport

wheelsucker

I hate to ask this, I've looked at the changes in model years, and am considering buying a barely broken in '03 or a '00 with 14k on the clock. I am aware that the later version is wider, etc. This will be my first guzzi so which would ya'll take??

I hate to ask this, I've looked at the changes in model years, and am considering buying a barely broken in '03 or a '00 with 14k on the clock.  I am aware that the later version is wider, etc.  This will be my first guzzi so which would ya'll take??

79811[/snapback]

Thats a tuff one. depends on the price break all things being equal they each have plus's and minus's but are minor. 00 has some problems with tank suck but its somewhat rare and fixable 14k on the clock is about 1% of the life of the engine and is barely broken in. Breakin is about 10K. Get which ever one turns your crank faster, they are both great machines. As long as the 03 isn't a scura. :ninja:

Thats a tuff one. depends on the price break all things being equal they each have plus's and minus's but are minor. 00 has some problems with tank suck but its somewhat rare and fixable 14k on the clock is about 1% of the life of the engine and is barely broken in. Breakin is about 10K. Get which ever one turns your crank faster, they are both great machines. As long as the 03 isn't a scura.  :ninja:

79813[/snapback]

right! who said the 'S' word?! that's a fighting word :ninja::ninja::ninja:

.... (um anyone else gonna pretend to hold me back? :( )

Guest SFGUZZI
I hate to ask this, I've looked at the changes in model years, and am considering buying a barely broken in '03 or a '00 with 14k on the clock.  I am aware that the later version is wider, etc.  This will be my first guzzi so which would ya'll take??

79811[/snapback]

WHEEL....

contact me ..i have a very sweet 01 v11 sportt for sale with 3k miles (silver/red frame) all stock or can be bought with Mistral/PCIII

Thanks

SF

• 1 month later...
Guest teacherboy
Thats a tuff one. depends on the price break all things being equal they each have plus's and minus's but are minor. 00 has some problems with tank suck but its somewhat rare and fixable 14k on the clock is about 1% of the life of the engine and is barely broken in. Breakin is about 10K. Get which ever one turns your crank faster, they are both great machines. As long as the 03 isn't a scura.  :ninja:

79813[/snapback]

First time possible Guzzi owner. I am going to check out an 02 Scura with 9k miles, Ferracci carbon cans, Mistral crossover, Techlusion box, factory soft luggage including tankbag and nearly new Metzler M1's. The pictures are stunning with the full Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes. Please don't tell me it's a problem child. What is the going rate for such a bike? Thanks for your time and consideration.

First time possible Guzzi owner. I am going to check out an 02 Scura with 9k miles, Ferracci carbon cans, Mistral crossover, Techlusion box, factory soft luggage including tankbag and nearly new Metzler M1's. The pictures are stunning with the full Ohlins suspension and Brembo brakes. Please don't tell me it's a problem child. What is the going rate for such a bike? Thanks for your time and consideration.

84883[/snapback]

It's a little scarry buyin' a beautiful Scura....

http://www.thomasseibt.de/guzzibilder/index.htm

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3520

Print it out and talk the seller down a couple of $$...put that

into a dual clutch...

Get a Guzzi...you'll love it.

Guest teacherboy
It's a little scarry buyin' a beautiful Scura....

http://www.thomasseibt.de/guzzibilder/index.htm

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3520

Print it out and talk the seller down a couple of $$...put that

into a dual clutch...

Get a Guzzi...you'll love it.

84887[/snapback]

Are all of the Scuras doomed to catastrophic clutch failure? He's asking $7,800 for the bike which is at the outer limits of my budget. Putting a new clutch/flywheel in would surely put me over the top. What does this change cost? There is no dealer in the Milwaukee area. What other potential problems do I need to look out for? Please understand I'm coming off a CBR1100XX which requires oil changes and gas. Basic valve adjustments I can handle but a clutch change seems a little more involved on this bike. Any advice would be great. Thanks again

For that price look for a Nero Corsa or Rosso Corsa LeMans.

They have the delightful Ohlins.

It's just the Scura, Mondelo and Tenni that have the single clutch.

It's only been a couple that have blown but...who wants to risk it?

Maybe get your self a used LeMans or Sport and do some suspension work..

I campaigned a CBR 1000 for about 5 years...lots of 3-4000 mile trips.

I like the Guzzi ALOT more...just more fun. I loved the CBR too..but it was an

over grown egg beater.

There's lots of info here...and secret society of the dark side (Scura).

I'm alright with my stock Marzocchi / Sachs set up...though it's not

"plush" but dials up tight enough to be stable in 80-90 mph sweepers.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Guest teacherboy
For that price look for a Nero Corsa or Rosso Corsa LeMans.

They have the delightful Ohlins.

It's just the Scura, Mondelo and Tenni that have the single clutch.

It's only been a couple that have blown but...who wants to risk it?

Maybe get your self a used LeMans or Sport and do some suspension work..

I campaigned a CBR 1000 for about 5 years...lots of 3-4000 mile trips.

I like the Guzzi ALOT more...just more fun. I loved the CBR too..but it was an

over grown egg beater.

There's lots of info here...and secret society of the dark side (Scura).

I'm alright with my stock Marzocchi / Sachs set up...though it's not

"plush" but dials up tight enough to be stable in 80-90 mph sweepers.

Good luck whatever you decide.

85021[/snapback]

Thanks for the tips and quick replies. Maybe I'll keep looking.