Round Britain Rally 2006

Martin Barrett

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped out and did the last two this morning. 35 miles and just over an hour

lasttrip.jpg:grin:

Whilst in Letchworth found the UK's first roundabout.

roundabout.jpg

Just have to process these last two photographs and burn them all to disc to submit for verification but I confident thats another 100% all rounder.

I've yet to total the mileage up.

Landmarks:

2- Luton, Hart Lane water tower

3- Letchworth Garden City, Tribute to Joseph Howard Moore

• 1 month later...

I've added my mileage up and it's 5685 miles and 13 days (allows for 2 x very short trips)

For a moment I thought that the dotted line on NW of the map indicated a point in N.I.

Disappointed to realise that it's just the ferry route and the point is at the Scotland end of the line.

I thought that I might have got one point – and you know how much I'd like that.

If you had caught the right ferry on the way to Spean Bridge and met up with me at Stranraer and come out with me on the Saturday as well you would have done 12 landmarks scoring 395 points would have qualified for a Bronze award and last year would have been the 107th highest posted score

Have had a lot on and not able to get out as much as usual, but after Erin and french holidays following couple off weeks will get down to it in earnest. Cheers Gary--See you in Ireland

How are you doing only a fortnight left?

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's November and I've posted links to my photographs of each landmark at the end of each trip report. There are also a few videos (photo story) made up of various pictures and route maps.

If you just want to see the photographs out of context they're here as a slide show

• 1 month later...

This years results have been published.

I achived a 100% all rounder as did 20 others

9 other people visited all locations but dropped points - Most common mistake seems to photo the wrong bridge at one location and the wrong set of standing stones at another.

159 people submitted their results for marking out of 240 entrants.

11 Guzzis used in the event

my self and Wambiker - we allready know about

and two Scuras - Richard and David are you here?

There was also a Griso, I suspect he may be the one we met at Haywards when Carl was over, as from a village I used to live in, could there be two in the same town?

Only a 113 days to next years event starts :D But have prize giving dinner in February to look forward to first and the clues come out a fortninght before the event starts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Martin, excellent reports as usual. I'm still in awe of your efforts :notworthy: .I seemed to run out of time and then money because of being on strike for a while. I managed a bronze award this year, not as good as last years silver, but promise to try harder in 2007. I recognized some of your locations I did Northern England, Southern Scotland, all of Wales bar the Archery range and some of the Midlands.

See you next year, I will enter again, and hope to do some more of the meetings etc. although I've discovered that I hadn't renewed my owners club subscription , I wondered what had happened to grumblemonger! So don't know next years dates till my renewed subs and next edition are sorted.

Cheers Gary :bier: