MGS-01 with lights

QuatroValvole

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim the v11 cooler is a bit bigger, or am I wrong? Deas used v11 oil lines& cooler.

81376[/snapback]

V11 - 21cm by 10 cm

V10 - 21 cm by 8 cm

both about 5 cm thick

It is a little bit smaller but perhaps sufficient for street riding. I would convert to original setup for track use.

I like the mount for the Centauro but not its ability to collect dirt so I hope to construct a bellypan to contain it and deflect dirt. It won't be as ugly as the original!!

dsc023745jx.jpg

Guzzi green mgs01 from scola bruno, I must say, looks a bit metalic, not the real classic racing green.

MGSFOTO1.jpg

81249[/snapback]

OK all you mofo's that is one VERY beautiful looking bike there, almost "Tenni" like !!!

:grin:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Oh here we go again with the :sun: Tenni :wub: bashing....... :bbblll:

DeBen, you really have to get over the fact that the Tenni is a" Highlight "bike in the Guzzi V11 range....don't be so jealous freind, it'll turn you a really neat shade of green.....say, Tenni's are GREEN !!!, wouldn't that take the cake eh?....

Even the most dyed in the wool Tenni nut (that would be me) is very quick to tell the rest of the world that V11's OF ALL TYPES JUST PLAIN ROCK !!!! :mg:

(the Tenni's are just that little bit more special, thats all) :grin:

Cheers

Van

Oh here we go again with the  :sun: Tenni :wub:  bashing....... :bbblll:

DeBen, you really have to get over the fact that the Tenni is a" Highlight "bike in the Guzzi V11 range....don't be so jealous freind, it'll turn you a really neat shade of green.....say, Tenni's are GREEN !!!, wouldn't that take the cake eh?....

Even the most dyed in the wool Tenni nut (that would be me) is very quick to tell the rest of the world that V11's OF ALL TYPES JUST PLAIN ROCK !!!! :mg:

Cheers

Van

81517[/snapback]

Van!! My MGS stays red so don't even think about it!! (but I'll let you know when I have extra bodywork if you want to pay to see your favourite colour ...)

Oh here we go again with the  :sun: Tenni :wub:  bashing....... :bbblll:

Cheers

Van

81517[/snapback]

Beauty indeed, is in the eye of the beholder.

Ciao, Steve G.

• 2 years later...
Guest Orange Eldo

I know it's been a while but is there any chance you could please please take a close up of your MGS 01

sidestand. I'm just about to buy one (the bike) and just want to see what's involved in setting up the stand.

Thank you in advance. Miles

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new up market bike shop in Sydney,with the full range of MVs and Aprilias,and taking pride of place and the only reoson I stopped for a look was the MGS -01 sitting on a plink near the door,shops in William st down from Kings Cross for the locals,I had a chat with the salesman and he said that there was 2 models of MGS-01 made,a 1200cc race only model and a 1000cc one that was registable,that was news to me,I told him of the 2 particular regoed bikes in the world on here but he said that there was lots of the 1000cc ones on the road,whats the right answer.I am suspecting he thought the bike was a Daytona,I am far from a Guzzi expert but have an interst in knowing more.

As I said,I am no Guzzi expert.The bike at the shop was a for want of a better term race bike,no lights,was the Daytona injected,is there an easy way to tell a race model Daytona from an MGS-01,whatever it was, it definatly crapped on everything else there including a Sena MV for looks.

As I said,I am no Guzzi expert.The bike at the shop was a for want of a better term race bike,no lights,was the Daytona injected,is there an easy way to tell a race model Daytona from an MGS-01,whatever it was, it definatly crapped on everything else there including a Sena MV for looks.

All the Daytonas are injected.

The MGS and Daytona have completely different chassis.

They are quite easy to tell apart.

P1010382_900.jpg

Daytona1.jpg

IMG_2747_flat.JPG

There is a new up market bike shop in Sydney,with the full range of MVs and Aprilias,and taking pride of place and the only reoson I stopped for a look was the MGS -01 sitting on a plink near the door,shops in William st down from Kings Cross for the locals,I had a chat with the salesman and he said that there was 2 models of MGS-01 made,a 1200cc race only model and a 1000cc one that was registable,that was news to me,I told him of the 2 particular regoed bikes in the world on here but he said that there was lots of the 1000cc ones on the road,whats the right answer.I am suspecting he thought the bike was a Daytona,I am far from a Guzzi expert but have an interst in knowing more.

He's dribbling crap there is only the Corsa version the "road" registered ones are coverted corsa's. There are a few Daytona's around but they are a very different machine, actually there was a Daytona RS for sale in Sydney recently they don't come up often.