Second South'n Spine Raid 2006

docc

It is , once agian, time gather Spine Frames together and enjoy the delightful roads of the Tennessee-Georgia-North Carolina mountains. :bike:

This is an informal gathering rather than a 'rallye' per se. Don't expect a trophy. On the other hand the roads are, indeed, a delight and you already know that anyone who shows up is going to be fun and interesting. The chance to park a few spineys together and compare notes is worth the price of admission (there is none, remember it's not a 'rallye' and when it's over I was never there). Bill will be back from his travels in the motherland and will inspire us with recountances of the sense and feel of IT-lee. If you start to practice now you will master the proper Appalacian pronunciation in time to declare that, "Naw, it ain't Japneeze. It's made in IT-lee, ya'll." :D

Sweetwater, Tennessee, is on I75 between Chattanooga and Knoxville. This BestWestern caters to riders and is a very nice facilty. Be sure to mention you are coming to meet riders and they'll give you their best rate.

My plan is to gather Friday morning south of Nashville and head over TN 30 out of Mcminnville past Fall Creek Falls returning that way on Sunday. july 21- 23, 2006.

Saturday I'd like to loop down into North Georgia to Tucker's Corner for lunch, stop by TWO (Two Wheels Only) Campground and have my way with Wolf Pen Gap Road.

From Sweetwater and Tellico Plains the Cherohala Parkway and Deal's Gap ( The Dragon) is also within striking distance.

Some of you may want to PM or eMail one another to combine lodging. Sorry, Redneck Girls will not be provided for entertainment again this year. Like Grappa, you must BYO. :food:

• 2 months later...

I've been getting some PMs on the plans and thought I would bring it back to the top. Any one in the North Carolina contingent planning on making it over the mountain?

• 2 weeks later...

Scott was thinking he might do a cookout for us on Saturday. I just don't think we can confirm any reliable numbers for him until we're standing right there in the parking lot.

I was just over in that area of the mountains doing some white water canoeing last weekend. It was painful rolling over those roads in the back seat of a Suburban. TN 30 from Reliance to Ocoee is a magical piece of tarmac! :race::race::race:

Actually any form of vertebrate would be welcome. There's even a fellow from Alabama who hasn't found a Coppa yet and will likely ride his Triumph. I made it quite clear, no jellylfish. -_-

Last time we did this , in 2004, it was really interesting to sit in the parking lot with the appropriate libations and compare the variations in the machines. It was quite surprising all the differences from 2000 to 2004. I think it would be great to compare the 1100 Sport. Yours is a '98?

Hi Docc,

I finally got my schedule for July. It appears that I will be flying over that weekend. There is the possibility of some trip trades, but that isn't an option until the end of this month.

Thanks,

Wick

All the pilots I know are glad to be getting the hours. If it works out for you, there will be a few of us gathering somewhere south of Nashville on that Friday and taking beatiful TN30 over the plateau.

I guess if Corse Motorsports Nashville is having an open house that weekend we'll have trouble talking you into a ride out of state . . . and I was looking forward to that warm feeling I get watching your LeMans smoothly disappear around those mountain curves. :race:

We are going to get a big screen,pull the bikes out if the shop, get some BBQ, and watch the Moto GP race from Laguna....maybe I will have to ride Sat. :bike: .

Anyway....since you still have access to modern technology, you can check us out here.....corsemotorsports dot com.

See Ya'll soon

andy (alain says hey)