What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

In the dutch Guzzi forum this thread is good for 27 pages, so I thought, why not start it here. You can write down everything you think is worthwhile to mention.

Today I mounted new muffler brackets. Last year when I crashed one side got a small crack. I replaced them with stainless steel ones which were laser cut.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I was taking pictures of properties for sale. My wife is a realestate agent but I am usually assigned the technical stuff.

I'll be shopping for kitchen cabinetry this afternoon to outfit the flat that we have built into our basement. It has been an expensive project but every dollar spent on it triples in increased value to our house and the rental income will be nice too.

I hope to work on my Centauro tonight. I have repainted the front wheel and now I will assemble the front and work on the back wheel. I would like to have it completely done by April.

I got up and took the Mighty 'Vert for a run into Canberra via the back roads, March really is a wonderful month for riding! Warm, Clear, little or no wind, (Often a problem on the tablelands where I live.).

Then I went home again and embarked on a long and acrimonious and essentially fruitless fight with my repulsive 12 year old son to try and get him to understand the importance of education, horrible little bastard! :grin:

Pete

As the boring fart I am I've been studying all day.

I'm about to take a Master degree in Public Administration (politics, economics, organisation, strategy) so I do know how to spend evenings and weekends for the next two years. Furthermore it's still bloody snowing, aaargh!!!

Søren

Woke up at midday because I was up until 3.30am watching WSB live from Down under and Joe Calzaghe V Jeff Lacy.

Sold a pair of Mistral silencers to a guy from the local Guzzi club.

Went into town with Helen, bought a shedload of bike mags and DVDs to keep me occupied next week as I have a minor operation tomorrow and will be in hospital all week.

Then went to local pub for Sunday roast and a couple of pints.

Gosh isn't life exciting?

Have not ridden since last Monday- been a bit snowy.

Guy :helmet:

I Don't see any politics or enviromental fraud findings even relatable to this topic. I give this topic 2 pages. tops :lol:

BUT yesterday I brought the goose out of the shed and threw the battery on the charger and today I went to start her and fired right up. The rear tire is driving me crazy it looks like my valve stem is solid steel so I don't think thats it maybe the tire has a tiny leak or wasn't completely sealed on the rim in some way or the temp changes caused the rim to expand and shrink in a different way than the rubber but then the front tire seems unaffected. Oh and I reinstalled my original chin pad so I can modify the CF One and make it more presentable. I wonder if I could lose a bodge point if I do it too good. Ah I'll just make sure to use the wrong tools I don't want to risk anything. :ninja:

Today I drove 300 miles to see my newborn grandson (number six). My five motorcycles are promised to my other five grandchildren so now I'll have to shop for a sixth. Wonder if the litter critter would enjoy a Vincent. :bier:

Today I drove 300 miles to see my newborn grandson (number six). My five motorcycles are promised to my other five grandchildren so now I'll have to shop for a sixth. Wonder if the litter critter would enjoy a Vincent. :bier:

81124[/snapback]

Grandpa? Is that you?

Put eight miles on the Ural with the wife in the sidecar. Beautiful day. Too bad she dislikes riding on the back of the Guzzi, it would have been a whole lot easier to ride in the side winds.

I give this topic 2 pages. tops :lol:

Maybe us Dutch like to chitchat, the thread started about 6 months ago.

I wonder if I could lose a bodge point if I do it too good.

Don't think so, but to be certain ask the bodgepoint master. Nogbad?

Guest Nogbad
Don't think so, but to be certain ask the bodgepoint master. Nogbad?

81127[/snapback]

A Bodgepoint is for life - not just for Christmas

Today:

I took all the accumulated crap from the back garden down to the waste disposal site.

Read the paper

Listened to the omnibus edition of "The Archers".

Did the grocery shopping (As a relativist, I can do that on Sunday as I don't believe in Hell)

Ate some lunch

As it was a fine day, if cold, I took the V11 out. Max speed indicated during ride - 105mph. Pensioners intimidated - 11. Mileage - 72

Drank beer

Shed Update:

Yesterday I thought of assembling the shed, but discovered that the existing concrete and paving is NOT LEVEL. Spent 3 hours breaking out about a quarter of the existing bad concrete with my Kango hammer. Now I ache badly and am demoralised, so have instructed my wife to get a local builder she knows to do the job for me. Hang the expense I don't care.

Buell Update:

Not arranged to collect it yet due to inclement weather in Scotland, the lack of a shed and pressure of work. May be on the cusp of wimping out and telling them to send it in a van.....

In the dutch Guzzi forum this thread is good for 27 pages,

81109[/snapback]

Clearly this is a thread that requests daily attention and as it's posted by the Commander Chappy, everyone will feel it their duty to respond.

Anything those Dutchys can do, we can do better. Guaranteed.

I think that I'll read the 'What time is it?' thread tomorrow, when it will then be today, and report back on its entire contents.

The rear tire is driving me crazy it looks like my valve stem is solid steel

81121[/snapback]

There's your problem right there Bennyboy. Solid steel? Seems like you've got a 3" nail in your back tyre.

Grandpa? Is that you?

81125[/snapback]

Cousin Helicopter. We've found our long-lost grandpappy at last!