What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

Spent Friday getting through my daughter's Hooding ceremony not feeling bad about being in the cage because it rained all day. Spent Saturday getting through my daughter's graduation ceremony feeling bad about being in the cage because it was a SPECTACULAR day out.

Bottom line is it really didn't matter. Both days were about her and all of her accomplishments.

Enough to make her Old Dad proud!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent the day yesterday washing, waxing, changing out the snow tires for the summer tires and prepping for a new inspection sticker for the lately ignored "Gretchen" (1991 Mercedes Estate Wagon with 278,000 miles).

I hated losing a day riding, but it was good to get Gretchen back in order.

Made my wife breakfast, fed the dogs, gathered up all of the "winter" stuff (sweaters, sweatshirts, flannel-lined pants) to clear the drawers and closet and make room for summer.

Hopped on the V11 for a short ride to the office... :angry:

And now sitting in the friggin office while it is sunny and gorgeous outside

:angry:

Oh well - having a nice Mama's day dinner planned at our favorite Italian restaurant tonight.

:food:

Guest Nogbad

Today I did my track day at Mallory. Soaking wet in the morning, but after lunch the track dried and we got 3 dry sessions in the sun.

Then the heavens opened and the last session of the day was cancelled. It rained so heavily all the 90 miles back home it felt like I was being pelted with marbles. The XB ran perfectly on and off track.

I have a CD of pictures but they are all too big to upload, so sorry.

I'm knackered, but contented after a hot bath. In a while my wife will make me something to eat, and will probably offer me sex.

Life can be perfect sometimes. :D

Don't take this the wrong way, Nog....but I really don't need to know how it all turns out.

Here's a picture of my students and myself as promised. Note their fresh, bright-eyed enthusiasm and my dull, washed out, worn down expression.

new_grads.jpg

actually- I'm as proud as any Pappa. These are good kids and they're familly now.

I put on my black gown, my hood and my mortarboard and walked out of a beautiful, mid '70s (23 C) sunshining day into the bleak and unpleasant University of Iowa Graduate College commencement ceremonies. I sat in an god-danged hot, humid arena with a bunch of overeducated sorts who babbled senslessly about 'future of this' and 'leadership for that' for three hours, crammed into a tiny folding chair without enough room to even breath, not that it mattered because the stupid acetate gown I was wearing doesn't breath- AT ALL. I think I lost 2 or 3 pounds (about a kilo). On the up side, I graduated three students as newly minted doctors (Ph.D., Chemistry), and I got to hood them myself. All in all, a good day. I'll post pictures when I get some.

You're not looking that haggered!

And Thanks for reminding me that I'll be doing the same soon, except we have our ceremony in mid June. In the middle of the day. When it's stinking hot. And they make me wear a tie. :bbblll: But they're good kids and I'll be there to recognize the hard work they've put in.

cheers,

Rj