What did you do today?

Admin Jaap

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nogbad
Spent all weekend trying to install a wireless router at home, unsuccessfully.

Belkin can bog off.

81187[/snapback]

I have done this successfully with an Thomson Speedtouch router but it was a bit of a fiddle. I might be able to help you, I'll PM you my phone number.

I just returned from a getaway weekend with the wife, we had a great time up in the adirondacks doing nothing. We try to get away a couple of times a year but lately my work schedule hasn't allowed that to happen. It was to cold for the bike but we took a drive in the chevy up through the mountains to Bolton, Sabbathday point etc and found some superb motorcyle roads. I tried to find a local Ural dealer up there but couldn't locate him, I did manage to stop at a couple of dealers in Glens Falls to try on some helmets as I am shopping for a new one. Not being a relatiivist like nogbad I usually attend worship services on Sunday and enjoy the morning with fellow believers in celebration, this week however being away from home we slept in and went out for a nice breakfast.

waspp

Today I've just come off night shift - closed the M25 (London orbital) at St Albans for an at midnight for an accident ( not serious injury). Was able to get it to single lane running after about 15 minutes and fully open within the hour.

Arrange the removal of a couple of vehicles for no insurance/driving licence.

Attention messages for stolen vehicle from burglaries, unfortunately none where disturbed an all had plenty of time to get away.

Home and into bed for 0730, up at 1130.

Take my little girl to school (afternoons only)

Waiting now for a visit regarding respite care for our "miracle baby" now aged 6

Back at work for 4pm, given up my day off for :2c: to fund my Guzzi trips this summer :) only want me for 6 hours cover (not sure exactly what they will have me doing) so should be home 1030pm. Will be on the Guzzi as weather is quite mild.

Try for an early night around midnight to catch up on some sleep I've not had over the weekend (night shift work and young children :( ) Though 7 hours can hardly be described as catching up.

Today I've just come off night shift - closed the M25 (London orbital) at St Albans for an at midnight for an accident ( not serious injury). Was able to get it to single lane running after about 15 minutes and fully open within the hour.

Arrange the removal of a couple of vehicles for no insurance/driving licence.

Attention messages for stolen vehicle from burglaries, unfortunately none where disturbed an all had plenty of time to get away.

Home and into bed for 0730, up at 1130.

Take my little girl to school (afternoons only)

Waiting now for a visit regarding respite care for our "miracle baby" now aged 6

Back at work for 4pm, given up  my day off  for  :2c:  to fund my Guzzi trips this summer  :)  only want me for 6 hours cover (not sure exactly what they will have me doing) so should be home 1030pm. Will be on the Guzzi as weather is quite mild.

Try for an early night around midnight to catch up on some sleep I've not had over the weekend (night shift work and young children  :(  ) Though 7 hours can hardly be described as catching up.

81196[/snapback]

seems like you will mostly be drinking coffee the rest of the day too.

I have expanded my list of deeds; from now on I will mostly be listening to death metal on the earphones, to keep me awake....

called out of bed at 5am to fix a fault on the topdrive (drilling machine on a rig)

81184[/snapback]

Huh, interesting. Is that the same thing we called the rotary table? I used to work on a (obviously smaller) drilling rig in Texas. Foul, foul, dangerous, stupid work that paid outrageously well for an 18 year old doing it. I was derrick-hand for about a year. At least we were on land....

Huh, interesting.  Is that the same thing we called the rotary table? I used to work on a (obviously smaller) drilling rig in Texas.  Foul, foul, dangerous, stupid work that paid outrageously well for an 18 year old doing it.  I was derrick-hand for about a year.  At least we were on land....

81211[/snapback]

chalk up another bit oil field trash here.

offshore Persian Gulf.

don't tell my mother though. she thinks I play piano in a whore house :cheese:

Assuming you meant yesterday, Sunday, 5 March, as that is when you posted it, see: http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=9wgryy...fz&x=0&y=jgk730

No need to register; just light up first pic. Fix settings to ensure you can read captions, as they tell about two unexpected events.

I learned a lot during this, tho I may not see my wrenching and riding friend, Wayne Orwig, near the GarageMahalo anytime soon. :-)

Bill

too much coffee has made me a bit sick

too much loud metal music has made me dizzy

this has been a good day at work

hope the same happens tomorrow

Me an Jo went for a wee spin yesterday As usual when we set off the weather was great but it soon deteriorated into hail,sleet and rain showers.

After a couple of hours,I was bloody freezing,the bike looks like it's been dipped in a slurry pit and visibility is crap with all the muck all over my visor.Lifting it freezes too much.

We decided to head home, the roads dried out a bit and we got going pretty good,blatting down the Boyne valley,into a long sweeping right,and the whole plot slides about 3 feet to the left,gave a big twitch and gripped again.

Took it a bit steadier after that.

Today I went to work.Nuff said.

did some remixing on the music i'm making for a video game.

it's a tough job, but somebody got to do it :)