''GUZZI RALLY''

g.forrest

just a quick reminder to those on the east coast of aus. may 20-21 for the Qld guzzi club ''ruptured budgie rally'' in its thirteenth year and once again at mingoola on the queensland nsw border 60 k west of tenterfield on the road to texas. [yes we have one, just a wee bit smaller] and once again the nevilles will be there in numbers larger than ever. ciao gazza.

• 1 month later...

In reply to Neville Forrest's post, (you are one of the Neville's aren't you? :D ) the MGOQ had been organising an unnamed rally for a while and during a meeting it was decided to give it a name.

Some wag likened the MG eagle to a budgie and Pete Thompson (Thommo) suggested "Well why not Ruptured Budgie?" and the name stuck.

This year's Budgie was pretty good. The creek was up a bit and several people ignored the warnings of the mud on the bank. Some of the Stones Bombs were good but i only saw one 'UFO' - and i think the Nevilles launched that.

It was pretty cold both Friday and Saturday nights but one of the highlights of Sunday morning was watching several Ducatis (wonders of modern technology!) getting push started. :grin:

By the way Neville, was it your Raptor that had a hard time getting over the creek? :D

100_2557s.jpg

100_2612s.jpg

100_2651s.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
In reply to Neville Forrest's post, (you are one of the Neville's aren't you? :D ) the MGOQ had been organising an unnamed rally for a while and during a meeting it was decided to give it a name. 

Some wag likened the MG eagle to a budgie and Pete Thompson (Thommo) suggested "Well why not Ruptured Budgie?" and the name stuck.

This year's Budgie was pretty good.  The creek was up a bit and several people ignored the warnings of the mud on the bank.  Some of the Stones Bombs were good but i only saw one 'UFO' - and i think the Nevilles launched that.

It was pretty cold both Friday and Saturday nights but one of the highlights of Sunday morning was watching several Ducatis (wonders of modern technology!) getting push started.  :grin:

By the way Neville, was it your Raptor that had a hard time getting over the creek? :D

90460[/snapback]

Indeed it was a rather wet raptor going nowhere. However I have the video of the Buell rider doing the best slow motion somersault get off you've ever seen. I sent it to the Qld Club website for inclusion, don't know if they have it posted yet.

I really enjoyed the rally again this year, especially the ride to and fro with about 10 fellow Nevilles, all guzzis bar 3. Extended ride back home resulted in loops across to Kyogle, M'Bah, Mullumbimby to Maclean, the old pathetic hiway at Burringbar is a real blast with perfect smooth hot mix and free flowing tight trafficless corners, just brilliant. Just need to put a bag over the speed cameras. :race:

Our master UFO builder, short cut the wire supply in his need to keep his light weight raptor under weight limits, otherwise the night sky might have been full of them. Next year :) Morris Neville.

This year's Budgie was pretty good.  The creek was up a bit and several people ignored the warnings of the mud on the bank.  Some of the Stones Bombs were good but i only saw one 'UFO' - and i think the Nevilles launched that.

It was pretty cold both Friday and Saturday nights but one of the highlights of Sunday morning was watching several Ducatis (wonders of modern technology!) getting push started.  :grin:

90460[/snapback]

Hey just checked out the photo posted full size, thats me on my rosso mandello, good stuff Strider, well done, and I managed to cross without bogging like some raptor riders I know.

• 3 weeks later...