Swingarm.com

F344

Hi Guys,

Last year I ordered a swingarm for my Ducati from JMC at their website swingarm.com.

I ordered it on the 25th of September 2005; I was billed $1100 on the 2nd of October and promised an 8 week delivery date. After 12 weeks I sent an inquiry and was told that they had an equipment failure and that my order would be delayed a few weeks. I've been getttng that same story and promise for MONTHS now. 3 weeks ago I called and asked for a firm ship date or a refund. They promised that if I gave them 3 more weeks they would either ship, or issue a refund. Of course, last Monday when I called they weren't ready to ship, had no ship date, and would not issue the refund. By the way, they are still selling swingarms and are now saying they have a 10 to 12 week delivery time. I have been waiting 28 weeks!

Does anyone here know these guys?

Thanks,

Frank

I hate companies that take your money and expect you to wait forever for their product. Just bad press. I had a simular problem with Dymag when I orderd a set of wheels for my V11. They should at least been up front with you on the amount of time it was going to take.

I would demand your money back unless you really want the swingarm or at least demand a HUGE discount for bending over backwards putting up with their s*%t.

Just my thoughts after one Martini, perhaps more to come after the second one,

Mike

Hi Guys,

Last year I ordered a swingarm for my Ducati from JMC at their website swingarm.com.

I ordered it on the 25th of September 2005; I was billed $1100 on the 2nd of October and promised an 8 week delivery date.  After 12 weeks I sent an inquiry and was told that they had an equipment failure and that my order would be delayed a few weeks.  I've been getttng that same story and promise for MONTHS now.  3 weeks ago I called and asked for a firm ship date or a refund.  They promised that if I gave them 3 more weeks they would either ship, or issue a refund.  Of course, last Monday when I called they weren't ready to ship, had no ship date, and would not issue the refund.  By the way, they are still selling swingarms and are now saying they have a 10 to 12 week delivery time. I have been waiting 28 weeks!

Thanks,

Frank

88142[/snapback]

3 weeks ago I called and asked for a firm ship date or a refund.  They promised that if I gave them 3 more weeks they would either ship, or issue a refund.  Of course, last Monday when I called they weren't ready to ship, had no ship date, and would not issue the refund.

88142[/snapback]

Here is the four step process that I recommend.

Demand money.

Threaten to take to court.

Issue subpoena.

Get money back.

You have waited long enough. :angry:

EDIT

Oh crud! they are in UK.

Perhaps one of our brothers in the UK can steer you to the correct paper work.

Hi Guys,

I ordered it on the 25th of September 2005; I was billed $1100 on the 2nd of October and promised an 8 week delivery date.  After 12 weeks I sent an inquiry and was told that they had an equipment failure and that my order would be delayed a few weeks.  I've been getttng that same story and promise for MONTHS now.  3 weeks ago I called and asked for a firm ship date or a refund.  They promised that if I gave them 3 more weeks they would either ship, or issue a refund.  Of course, last Monday when I called they weren't ready to ship, had no ship date, and would not issue the refund.  By the way, they are still selling swingarms and are now saying they have a 10 to 12 week delivery time. I have been waiting 28 weeks!

Thanks, looks like with this mob.get threatening.or get no where.get up em. :thumbsup:

Frank

88142[/snapback]

Sorry to hear of your problems.

May be worth giving the local trading standards office a call- their role is to enforce consumer legislation:

Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council

Environmental Health & Consumer Protection Division

Municipal Buildings

Cherryfield Drive

Kirkby

Knowsley

Merseyside

L32 1TX

t: 0151 443 4711

f: 0151 289 7488

I am not sure what US credit card providers do but over here I believe you can get your card company to recover the money if the goods do not turn up- that may be another option.

Guy :helmet:

Sadly,they've been known for this stuff for years. I used to help in a mates shop and the abuse that JMC got was unbelievable. He would tell customers not to go near them, he had so many broken promises and bullshit from them. This was ten or eleven years ago and I still hear stories about them through the grapevine.