Tarts Handbag?

Ballacraine

Just bought this the other day.

0604280001a.jpg

Have started to junk the naffola already though!  :grin:

Nige.  B)

88813[/snapback]

Perfect for trolling round the Isle of Man tea & cake shops. Well done.

Even has a trouser press on the back, or is that the handbag?

0604280001a.jpg

goes without saying, but after you ditch the sidecovers/airbox, seat, fenders, tank, riser bars, add a custom pollywog tank, boattail seat, clip-ons, intake pods, rearsets, another front rotor/caliper, and flyscreen, and bob's your uncle. :race:

BTW, remember this jackal from another forum:

v11_jack_side.jpg

That's Todd Eagan's bike. He's got a Le Mans front end, V11sport motor/tranny, and Wilburs rear shocks-- that bike rocks. I'm confident in saying that no Guzzi has ever been ridden faster than this one on a twisty road-- Todd is a test rider for Cycle World and Sport Bike magazines, a Red Shift Track School instructor, and is a former AMA racer (various circuits). He currently manages the AMA Super Moto race series and is the Southern Cal MGNOC rep. If you ever hit the US West Coast, ping Todd (todd@guzzitech.com), and if he's available, he might be willing to show you a road or two in Southern California. It would be well worth your while to spend an afternoon riding with Todd and his Jack-all-- in his hands, the bike does everything. track, street, dirt, you name it.

goes without saying, but after you ditch the sidecovers/airbox, seat, fenders, tank, riser bars, add a custom pollywog tank, boattail seat, clip-ons, intake pods, rearsets, another front rotor/caliper, and flyscreen, and bob's your uncle.  :race:

88880[/snapback]

No, I'm not.

That Cali of Todd Eagans' gives food for thought, though, doesn't it, Nige?

That is true, Bob.

As I said I am removing a lot of the naff stuff.

First there was the 'Eagle Spirit' ( Spare me! :vomit: ) Chrome number plate trim which weighed about 3.5 tons....

Then there were the spotlamps that weren't even wired up! :moon:

I am going a little more 'Toury' than Todd. I will double up on the front brake and get a rev counter.

I am gonna put footboards on just 'cos I want to try them for a giggle. :grin:

I am trying to find one of the original Cali large dual seats, IIRC they were two-tone black and white and had a chrome grabrail around the back.

Rack and Krauser hard panniers and I should be done.......for a while! ;)

Nige. B)

Rack and Krauser hard panniers and I should be done.......for a while!  ;)

88924[/snapback]

Get them lined with greseproof paper – for the tarts. Then you're all set for summer picnics by the sea.

Good mudguards.  Hope you don't swap them for somethiing "sporty".

88903[/snapback]

Don't think so.....

I quite like them in an old Matchless or Sunbeam sort of way. :nerd:

Nige. B)

Get them lined with greseproof paper – for the tarts. Then you're all set for summer picnics by the sea.

88928[/snapback]

Your problem, Belfast, is that you don't degrease your tarts. Brake and carb cleaner works just fine on a greasy tart, I find. Try this tip and economise on greaseproof paper.

Early Cali look, Nige: should be good!

Early Cali look, Nige: should be good!

88936[/snapback]

That is the sort of look I will be gunning for, Bob.

If it comes out half as well as the LM2 fairing for the Scura, I will be very pleased with it.

Nige. B)